KL3 mod with 5W Luxeon

Mobius

Newly Enlightened
After reading many other similar threads on this subject, I decide that the 5W Luxeon/ BB750/ Fraen LP combination should be good for my KL3 and SF 6P body. Anyways I found the following webpage which may help me a great deal:
http://www.oichan.org/mods/flash_light/flashlight8.htm
If only I can read Japanese, that is. Do we have any Japanese speaker on this forum that can help with the translation? Since this would be my first mod I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments from anyone that's "been there and done that". Thanks.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
I like WorldLingo.com. You just put in the URL for the web page you want translated and it does it for you!
Please note: I used it on the page in question last month when I was looking it to this mod, and I swear that page was written by Yoda!

kj

Enlightened
If you still have questions after you try these machine translations, I may be able to help. I think I can explain the KL3 mod in that page. It's hard for me to translate all texts since I don't have enough English skill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif PM me if interested.

Anyway, the essence of the mod was described in the pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think the most tricky part is how to open KL3 and he did it by making his custom tools from an alminium plate and a gas pipe. To remove the front lock ring, use some acetone to loosen the locktite and pry with the cut alminium plate. To remove the rear part, pry with the tool made from the gas pipe.

I used the cut alminium to remove the front lock ring, but for the rear part, I used two steel rods. Lock the rods using a vise, set the KL3 on them, apply heat to loosen the locktite, and turn the KL3.

TheFire

Enlightened
Yes, my best advice is to cut a piece into the size of the bezel rings. It will save you hours of heartburn and allow you to get it open without damaging the front (I learned this the hard way). If you send me a SASE, I'll send you the tool I made to open it... PM me if you want more info...

Paul

Mobius

Newly Enlightened
kj: PM sent.

AlphaTea and Beretta thanks for your suggestions but I've had enough experience with translation engines to know that I can't count on the guessing game, or Yoda-speak as AlphaTea puts it. Good thing that I do have a volunteer now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif