4Sevens reverse to forward clicky?

iplaygeetar

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, first real post here. Please let me know if this is the wrong forum.

I am wondering if it is at all possible to modify a 4sevens reverse clicky to a forward clicky? Reason being, I like momentary on, and I like tail standing...

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy a Turbo tailcap from 47s for ~$10 which Legos on and is a forward tail-standing clicky (slightly wider diameter though). However, forward clickies don't work well with single input multi-mode lights - the momentary feature will change modes, it will not flash the same mode repeated for signaling, for example.

iplaygeetar

Newly Enlightened
I use a.GITD sleeve on my tactical tailcap. it may be possible to swap guts, but my way was easier.

Thats actually a better idea. Thanks for the tip.

You can buy a Turbo tailcap from 47s for ~$10 which Legos on and is a forward tail-standing clicky (slightly wider diameter though). However, forward clickies don't work well with single input multi-mode lights - the momentary feature will change modes, it will not flash the same mode repeated for signaling, for example.

I think the flat turbo may still be reverse, at least the couple that I have laying around are from what I remember. The light I'm working with also has programmable modes, so it won't switch modes with the tail switch.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats actually a better idea. Thanks for the tip.

I think the flat turbo may still be reverse, at least the couple that I have laying around are from what I remember. The light I'm working with also has programmable modes, so it won't switch modes with the tail switch.

The flat turbo clickie is definately a forward clickie, the Turbo series Quarks have the tactical interface and therefore none of it's clickie tailcaps are reverse.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
All of the 4/7 tailcaps can be swapped, if for the same style of light. I have several quarks and have the reverse on a turbo now and the momentary on a standard quark. They sell them on the website so you can LEGO and get exactly what you want. (when parts are offered not all are always there when you check, but still always a good selection)
You can build you own light from the site that way, just more expensive.

C-channel

Newly Enlightened
I could be done. If you have a forward clicky 16mm switch. You could simply remove the existing reverse clicky and replace it with a forward clicky. The only issue is that the forward clicky rubber tail boot is difficult to find and you lose your ability to tailstand.