SF M600C mount base? Knock-offs?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I own a M600C without a mount base.

I searched for different mounts and found out, that the Gear Sector mount is quiet the best on market (especially for the price).
But I do not have a credit card.
So I searched for knock-offs from the Gear Sector and it seems, that it made of 7075 aluminium. That type of steel seems good.

Does anyone have expierences with those mounts?

Thanks

Best regards
Illuminate

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Austria. No problem here.

What are you trying to mount this too? That will make a difference too.

I want to use it on various models. G36, AR... I know, that the Gear Sector sits tight on the rifle, that it could be difficult to mount.
Do you know, if the GS can be used on the G36 or on single rail configs with adding a rail to the standart hand guard?

And back to my question, how the quality of the knock offs is.
Do you have any experience with one of them mounted on 556 or higher?

UVvis

Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

The gear sector mount is a quality part. I would not call it a knock off. I had/have one that I was happy with. I have a preference for the offset larue mount personally, but to each his own.

Does your G36 have a rail system currently? The reason I ask, is that by mounting a rail to standard handguards, then attaching a mount like the gear sector can be a bit bulky and defeat the purpose of buying a low profile mount.

If I recall correctly, it might be more convieniet to get the railed forend for the G36, as I remember those being slimmer than the standard handguard with rails mounted to it.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I know, that the GS is not a knock-off.
I meant the replica of the GS made by TSC.
Did you ever heared things about it?

My G36 has both side rails and a extended lower rail.

UVvis

Enlightened
Gotcha,

I haven't heard of the TSC version. Unless that is the only version available in your area, cost wise, you really aren't saving a whole of money going with the TSC version over the GS version.

Though it does cost more, and I'm not sure on availability in your part of the planet, I really like the Larue Tactical offset mount for the scout lights too. The throw lever makes it extremely fast without needing tools to swap a light from blaster to blaster. Just something else to consider.