L6?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the L6 is out...it`s not very pocketable...pretty big. What do we know about it...does it have differant power levels? Is it a wide beam flood...medium spot/flood...or narrow long range spot type beam? Should I want this light and why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Ken

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ken

The L6 is an M3 body with KL6 bezel and Z58 Clickie TailCap.
The KL6 bezel is like other KLx bezels in that it produces a regulated beam from an LED. In the case of the KL6 it is a 5W Luxeon in a reflector. Like the other KLx, it does not have user selectable output levels.

Al

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Badbeams,
The reason you'll want the L6, is it's AWESOME!! Some people speculated the L5 wouldn't be much different than the L4, but now they know - The L5 ROCKS!! The L6 will be similar - It's INCREDIBLE!!

Dan

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the KL1 have differnt power levels? If so why doesn't the L4,5,6,etc? I though someone said they did...

JanCPF

Enlightened
IsaacHayes,

Yes the KL1 have very different power levels. It's a 1 watt luxeon running at 350 mA whereas L4, L5 and L6 all have 5 watt luxeons running at at least 660 mA (L4) and perhaps even more with the L5 and L6 I'm not sure but others could elaborate on this.

Jan

Darell

Flashaholic
Isaac -

Not *adjustable* power levels, no. I think that's what you were getting at. The KLx series is meant for existing mechanical-switched lights, so there is really no way to dim them. Lights like the L1 have a specific switch to control the output.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE said:
Badbeams,
The reason you'll want the L6, is it's AWESOME!! Some people speculated the L5 wouldn't be much different than the L4, but now they know - The L5 ROCKS!! The L6 will be similar - It's INCREDIBLE!!

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan,

Can you describe beam characteristics of the L6?

Brightnorm

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

brightnorm,
It's like an L5 on steroids! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan