Surefire g2z and drop in's

teamde78

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on the forums! I recently came across a Surefire G2z in the olive drab color. I absolutely love the color and do not want to spend the $85 to upgrade the bezel for the led conversion.

So my question is, what are some options that I have for possible drop in's to make this light even better than it is now, without having to buy a new bezel?

I also don't want this to be permanent, I want to be able to switch back to the original factory bulb, if I feel like it.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incan version, right ??? With P60 lamp inside...

Check Malkoffdevices.com... or maybe Oveready.com and look for M61NL module (neutral white color, 4000K)... it's second brightest M61 in offer but current is safe enough to be run in nitrolon host/bezel combo with 160 lumens output and 5 hours runtime on single set of CR123 batteries...

If you get M61L directly from Malkoffdevices.com, the tint would be colder... so it depends which tint color you'd prefer to chose from where to get one...

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2z too & a Malkoff drop-in is perfect for it.
Anything but the standard & high output versions will be safe to run in it, according to most but I ran a M61 219 for long durations without any problems.
Cheaper alternative will be standard P60 dropins from Dx or FastTech.

- JonK

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2z too & a Malkoff drop-in is perfect for it.
Anything but the standard & high output versions will be safe to run in it, according to most but I ran a M61 219 for long durations without any problems.
Cheaper alternative will be standard P60 dropins from Dx or FastTech.

- JonK

Premium module for premium host, don't you agree, JonK ??? :thumbsup:

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
If the OP wants a little cheaper options there is a few members here well known for making great drop ins, I have a Nailbender and love it (just about 1/2 price of the Malkoff) or for even less (about 1/2 price of the Nailbender) solarforce drop ins are really well respected for a china brand, I use 2 of their XML U2's in my lights, there are plenty of US based retailers, no need to order from a china based distributor.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Nailbender & Vinh builds pretty good drop-in with decent pricing too. It's good to check them out..

- JonK

teamde78

Newly Enlightened
So the M61NL is a good choice and won't damage the light?

Also forgot to mention I have a centurion c3, what are some good drop-in's for that light, that won't damage it?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the M61NL is a good choice and won't damage the light?

Also forgot to mention I have a centurion c3, what are some good drop-in's for that light, that won't damage it?

Yeah, the M61NL will be pretty good for your G2Z since heat will be barely a problem even with long usage.

As for your C3, you can consider the M61 SHO variant.
Or as mentioned, checked out NailBender or Vinh to get you a high powered dropin for 2-3 cells, since heat would not be a major issue now.

- JonK

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a M61L 219 in the G2Z i gave to the family. the malkoff Low module are perfect for the G2 hosts!
with the G series you dont want a drop-in thats being driven too hard, as heat will be an issue. ive burnt out drop-ins running at 1 amp in the G2Z before. well, not me, but somebody left the light on and fried it.

as for a C3, you cant go wrong with a malkoff lol. malkoff dropin can take up to 9 volts. the SHO models would be a nice difference than the M61NL.
also, you can use the M61NL in your C3 with 2xAA batteries. really an excellent all-around drop-in.