KL6 on M6

carmel

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire catalog lists the KL6 as the LED conversion head for the M6. Does anybody know what will be the effect of the parallel 9 volt system in the M6 on KL6 performance? Will it drive it harder, giving it more lumens, or just increase the runtime? I have an M6, and and thinking about getting a KL6 for it. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

jaws

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carmel...why not get the L6, and an MN15 (125 lumen) or MN16 (225 lumen) lamp assembly? That way, you can swap the head with the M6, and have an M3 Turbo AND an M6 with KL6? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

carmel

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ttran97 said:
Carmel...why not get the L6, and an MN15 (125 lumen) or MN16 (225 lumen) lamp assembly? That way, you can swap the head with the M6, and have an M3 Turbo AND an M6 with KL6? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree; that's what I'm going to do, except I'd like to use the MN20 and MN21 lamps from the M6 in the "new" M3T; I assume they are compatible since it's still 9 volt, but would have half the runtime. Is that right?

jaws

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Just tried this combo (L6 head - ie. KL6 - to M6).

As I only have one L6, I could not do a side-by-side comparo; nor do I have a light meter.

However, the M6/(K)L6 combo does seem *_slightly_* brighter than with the standard 9V L6...... Not enough, though, for me to say that I'd want my M6 to go without its MN21 HOLA.

Besides, this combo looks kinda funky, LOL.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carmel...The MN20 or MN21 lamps will NOT work since the opening is the wrong size...where the lamps touch the batteries. So you will have to get the MN15/MN16.

Allen...I wouldn't switch the heads permanently, but it would be nice for when I need extended runtime and brightness. Plus, I've got my OTHER M6 on HOLA all the time anyway. hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Azreal911

Enlightened
Hey can we see a picture of the M6 with the L6 head on it? does it look funky or what? i wanna know. Seems pretty good to me that with this setup it might give you a good 2 hr runtime cause of the battery setup.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
ttran97 and

ttran97 -- Agreed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Azreal911 -- I'll get a pic or two of this tonight if no-one else has done so by then.

Allen
aka DumboRAT