Crabgrass and LED lights.

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Who knew that crabgrass illuminates totally different from regular grass when it is hit by an LED light. I've seen this phenomenon for a long time but decided to write about this to see if anybody else noticed this interesting and totally irrelevant fact.

JCD

Enlightened
Picture?

With what LED emitter are you illuminating the grass?

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Sorry guys I don't have a picture. Still trying to figure out the night photography thing.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is it appear dull on one side and more sheen on the other? I noticed about half the trees I light up do this. Even last night with my L10 Nichia, the maple tree leaves looked normal on "top" but underneath they looked almost white, probably due to the softer, rougher surface.

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Is it appear dull on one side and more sheen on the other? I noticed about half the trees I light up do this. Even last night with my L10 Nichia, the maple tree leaves looked normal on "top" but underneath they looked almost white, probably due to the softer, rougher surface.
It almost kind of has like a phosphorus glow to it. It's even more pronounced if there is dew.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is why I use warmer tint LED for outside stuff. The waxy coating on leaves, water droplets etc reflects back a lot of light that can reduce clear vision.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened

Thats just how maple trees are, ever saw a maple in a wind storm? They look silver cause all the leaves are turned up showing the bottoms.