Tri-V for EDC duty?

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine is considering acquiring a Tri-V and asked my if I really EDC mine,my answer,yes I do! It is in the EDC rotation, It's just an amazing piece not to carry,use and enjoy:)
I dont like my lights at the bottom of my pocket so an AOTH holester is a nice option for me.
How do you carry yours? Any thoughts,pics,comments?

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own any cool fall lights, but if I shelled out the money for a Tri V, you bet I would be carrying it (on a lanyard so I didn't lose it)

Whats the point of spending all that money on a light that is just going to sit on a shelf ? You may as well use it like it was intended

samuraishot

Enlightened
It was part of my rotation, but handled with much care unlike my other lights.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine all the time. Normally in my empty front pocket. I carry it at work everyday in my shirt pocket. The light is made to use. I carry all my spy's the same way. If it gets broken it will be fixed.

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
Carry mine everyday also. It is in my pocket in a Westone headphone case for protection and it is a superb snug fit.
I also use a lanyard for added safety :rolleyes:

triv-bordersmall.jpg

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is in my rotation of EDC lights ( so I guess technically it isn't an EDC ;) ).
It just goes into my front right pocket, no case. If I need the light, I don't want to be fumbling with some case.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had mine for a couple of days and brought it along on both days. Gotta say I'm slowly warming up to this light. Now have to find myself a nice croc or calf case (anyone with any lead/source?) before I damage it...I can be pretty rough with my EDC lights.

Zandar

Enlightened
Scrool down to Data's thread "Art of The Hide Holsters"in this forum. Mathew still makes some of the finest holsters you can buy for the SPY Lights. I purchased one from him last year for my 007. He will work with you on designing an exceptional holster. alex

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I carry one of my Spies (Tri-V2 or Spy XM-L2) maybe once every ten days to work. With slacks, the Spy sits a lil heavy in the pocket. :D

With that said, on the weekend, and at night when I change out of my work clothes, a Spy is on me. The front slip pocket on my TAD Gear shorts is perfect, or any other pair of shorts with a "coin" pocket at the bottom of the regular pocket. The Spy fits perfect. I'm not much of a belt holster guy.

RIDE

Enlightened
I too carry mine...as it was meant to be :) I do keep it in a case, as I like to try and keep it looking pristine...but am not afraid to use it.

RIDE

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
While I disagree with the attitude that there's something wrong with keeping pristine collectibles, I've found that there is, or was, a Wenger swiss army knife leather pouch that fit the Tri-V perfectly. I'm not sure if you can get it anymore, but it was the soft-sided leather pouch for the fattest of their evo-grip line. The Art of the Hide pouches are much nicer, of course, but also very much larger and they leave the glass largely unprotected (intentionally, but still).