Help with Fenix LD41

Austin416

Newly Enlightened
Hello, everyone. :wave: This is my first post. Frequented here as a guest tons of times, but an issue finally pushed me to join. It's a great forum and I'm always impressed by member knowledge.

So, on point, my very lightly used Fenix LD41, which I've been pretty happy with thus far, has seized up. The headlamp will not unscrew from the body. I cannot recall it being dropped hard, bent (such as being stepped or sat on), or how any corrosion could had found its way into the threading.

Ive tried vice grips, sheer elbow grease, tapping it against a hard surface....nothing has worked. Anyone have any ideas or heard of this issue? As I said, this light has seen limited use, so it's in great condition minus the current one.

Thanks in advance.

firelord777

Enlightened
I have one and its a great flashlight, but to me it was never unusually hard to unscrew the head. I think it might have just dried up, my suggestion is to use your hands and apply maximum muscle force to unscrew it, or ask someone you know that is strong to unscrew it for you,

Cheers:)

Austin416

Newly Enlightened
I have one and its a great flashlight, but to me it was never unusually hard to unscrew the head. I think it might have just dried up, my suggestion is to use your hands and apply maximum muscle force to unscrew it, or ask someone you know that is strong to unscrew it for you,

Cheers:)

I thought I was strong...:laughing:

Wrestling match continues. Thanks.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I hope there weren't alkalines in it. Leakage can jam the threads and they almost weld pieces together. I once had a light that had leaked batteries and jammed tailcap. I applied penetrating oil to the seam where threads join. I put it in the freezer, then the tailcap in hot water. Could open with some force.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I hope there weren't alkalines in it. Leakage can jam the threads and they almost weld pieces together. I once had a light that had leaked batteries and jammed tailcap. I applied penetrating oil to the seam where threads join. I put it in the freezer, then the tailcap in hot water. Could open with some force.
That was the first thing on my mind,i lost a perfectly good 3D Mag to alkalines :(

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
A strap wrench might give you some better leverage without damaging the head. And drop the body in a vice with leather shielding the aluminum for jaws. (don't crank the vice down tight) Try heating the head and cooling the body. Aluminum will transfer the heat between them quickly so that may not work but worth a try, some liquid wrench or Kroll might help also.