Scorpion Prevents Frostbite and Wows Parade Master

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Daughter and I were returning, on foot, from the annual Christmas parade (at night) when we met the Parade Master. I had observed him earlier carrying a heavy 5D Maglight. Because I knew the fellow, I thought I'd show him a better alternative to his behemoth Mag. I proposed a shootout. After he attempted to light up a tree 100' away, and failed miserably, I whipped out my S-C-O-R-P-I-O-N...Yeaaaa. Blew the Mag and him away. "Where can I get one?" he cried. Well,I know this guy...

The excitement wasn't over. As we continued to walk home I realized that I had forgotten two items that I NEVER forget to leave the house with - wallet and keys. I carry an extra house key in my wallet just in case I'm not thinkin'...doi! My wife had gone to sleep when we left because she was ill - how will we wake her? We pounded on the doors for several minutes, our noisy dog remained mute and "the wife" wasn't coming. Now what, dummy? The light in my cranium, finally, goes on...my Scorpion, yes!

I stood below our second floor window and strobed the Scorpion in her direction. The drapes were closed - would it work? Second upon second passes...getting colder...Ta Da...she opened the closed drapes and I lit up my face so she would know what was going on. Through the walls I heard a blood curdling scream - but she did open the door. We were cold but I lied about the frostbite just to entice with the post's title. The rest is true, with minimal embellishment.

Can't believe that I took a flashlight instead of other, more necessary, EDC items and still managed to have fun and only irritate my soundly sleeping wife.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The true account of a true Flashaholic!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Scorpion Prevents Frostbite and Wows Parade Ma

Hahaha,

That's great. It just proves that illumination is one of the basic necessities of life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif can you just imagine his reaction if you had been carrying an SF9P or something of that ilk?

Wilkey

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Scorpion Prevents Frostbite and Wows Parade Ma

I wonder what its like to be waken up by flashes outside your window, and then open the drapes to see a person illuminated by a Scorpion ''Campfire Ghost Story'' style.