Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 SST-90 Light

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else interested in this light in Titanium? Chris will make a total of 3. I just need 2 to get the price down. I'm flexable about the body style. This is the quote from Chris. $795 like the one pictured or $100 more for a dragon body.

This sale is for one or 2 of these lights build by Chris at TNC.

QTY
DESCRIPTION
PRICE
$1145.00
Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 SST-90 Light (Dragon Body)
$1245.00
$795.00
Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 SST-90 Light (Dragon Body)
$895.00
These are User Programmable Lights via Website.
Mode Options: High / Med / Low / Custom (1%-100%) / Strobe / SOS
This means you can either have 1-Mode or 6-Modes or
Anything in between.

SST901a_zpse03e15ec.jpg

The Ultra-Lux 26650 HA us
es a single SST-90 LED with the power supplied by one 26650 Li-Ion 3.7 volt battery, it has a 42 MM optic with a head diameter of 2 inches, a body diameter of 1.26 inch with a length of 6.25 inches it weighs about 7 oz in aluminum. The direct drive unit will pull on maximum setting about 8 amps. The Ultra-Lux 26650 uses a special tail switch that is completely programmable, which means that any of its three output levels can be custom set to come on at any setting you choose. The torch has a maximum output on the high setting of approximately 2,250 lumens with a medium long throw. Price does not include batteries or charger, must be purchased separately.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm drinking beer (German) after working all day in heat & humidity (Southern China - paper mill) on an empty stomach. This is how I get into trouble.

Okay - I have some interest. While I'm a huge fan of the SST-50 I've never ventured into the SST-90, I presume we could get it in a 4500K version (at some loss of lumens I realize...)?

As to the tail switch, since we can specify levels can we program L/M/H? (my preference)

I do have some preference for the Dragon body - I'm a bit of an ano nut and the dragon body would be outrageous ano'd.

Would be nice if some (half) of the slots in the tail were trit slots.... The head looks too good to touch.

Traveling home later tomorrow (Friday) & most of Saturday

I am interested as well, but there are several iterations of the Dragon body. I loved the style Chris made for Charlie for the Mr Bulk Dragon. Chris, which dragon design would you be leaning towards? Also, as this is a bit of a feeler thread, I am moving this to the TnC subsection.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED's will be cool white. The light engine is as such: H/M/L are already set at 100/30/5 and then there is a custom that you can put anywhere in between. So if there is one of the other levels you don't like then don't use it and use the custom level.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although my wallet will hate me, I am also interested in this light. I am leaning towards the dragon body too. Do you have an idea on the timing? Meaning, is this something Chris would be starting right away? I'm asking to determine if I my available funds will match with the timing.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
He is only going to make a total of 3. I think he would order the titanium right away and then start on them.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to see which Dragon pattern Chris would use.

That goes for me too. :)

Since this is pretty much just a special run this will be a weekend only type of run. I am pretty busy during the week days with my standard work load.

dlmorgan: Do you have a good time frame in mind? I am thinking about 4 weeks. I will probably have it done sooner but 4 weeks should be safe.

The dragon cuts should look similar to Mr. Bulk dragon body. I can't say exactly since we are comparing a 1" dia body to a 1.365" dia body. Before anyone decides I will make one out of aluminum first. Now to just try to find that Mr.Bulk Program....... :)

If there happens to be more than three people interested I will accommodate the extra people. I really needed to order some Ti maybe I will just order some extra just in case. The smaller diameter I have no problems using it is just the 2" dia I would hate to order extra if I don't need to.

Chris

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That goes for me too. :)

Since this is pretty much just a special run this will be a weekend only type of run. I am pretty busy during the week days with my standard work load.

dlmorgan: Do you have a good time frame in mind? I am thinking about 4 weeks. I will probably have it done sooner but 4 weeks should be safe.

The dragon cuts should look similar to Mr. Bulk dragon body. I can't say exactly since we are comparing a 1" dia body to a 1.365" dia body. Before anyone decides I will make one out of aluminum first. Now to just try to find that Mr.Bulk Program....... :)

If there happens to be more than three people interested I will accommodate the extra people. I really needed to order some Ti maybe I will just order some extra just in case. The smaller diameter I have no problems using it is just the 2" dia I would hate to order extra if I don't need to.

Chris
If this means that I would have four weeks before I need to come up with the funds, then that should work well. I'm trying very hard to go on a one month spending hiatus, but lights like this don't help with that goal. ;)

I am definitely interested in seeing what pattern you will use. It may just be a matter of scale between these lights, but I personally prefer the finer pattern in this post over the coarser one in this post.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had an unexpected financial hit, and as such I'm going to have to pass on this light. :mecry: I guess I'll just have to enjoy it via pictures.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drew something up Friday night in CAD and came in Saturday Morning before the wife got up. I Ran a sample body really quick and made it back home just as she was getting up.

This isn't the same as any other dragon body. I just wanted to see what it looked like machined. It definitely has it's own unique look.

In this picture there is no tail cap as I did not bore the body. I just made this to see what the machined battery tube looks like.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it looked really nice as well after I finished machining it. I might be partial to it as it is a new pattern and not one that I have done before.

Chris

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it looked really nice as well after I finished machining it. I might be partial to it as it is a new pattern and not one that I have done before.

Chris

While I like the look it would appear to be one that would feel very aggresive in the hand versus the dragon body. If that is the case then I prefer the dragon body. This is a light I would use.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man will these be nice in titanium. great price for the amount of titanium being used and for the extra machining required for the dragon body.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will run the standard V1 Dragon Body on an aluminum piece and take a picture. This way you can decide what version dragon body you would like. It might not be this weekend since it is a Holiday. Might have to wait till next weekend.

AWESOME! If the V1 is the same amazing knurling that you did for the Mr Bulk Dragon I'm going to have a real hard time resisting. Chris, my wallet is really hating you right now. ;)

I will run the standard V1 Dragon Body on an aluminum piece and take a picture. This way you can decide what version dragon body you would like. It might not be this weekend since it is a Holiday. Might have to wait till next weekend.