First mod: ITP A1 + xp-g2 @ 1.4A

Speedle

Newly Enlightened
Few years ago this forum helped me to choose EDC flashlight. It was Itp A1 SS. Did its job very well.... yet it died (probably used it too much on high mode).
The SS case is too good to throw away, so decided to get it back to live. Short modlist:
  • Cyan 18mm gtd O-ring. Planned to use it for sealing the glass. But 18mm appeared to be not enough.

• 18mm AR coated glass lens. Cracked the original one trying to disassemble the flashlight.

• Noctigon XP16 MCPCB & CREE XP-G2 R5 3C LED

• Nanjg 101-AK-A1 circuit board (3 modes)

• Custom copper heat sink.

And some photos. Notice how thin original heat sink is.

I made heat sink a bit too long. So no there is a small gap when the flashlight is tightened. O ring helps to hide it. I'll make some nightshots later. Pretty happy with light output from this pocket rocket.

Now to the problems. Circuit board has negative contact on both sides of the pcb. And I noticed it only after soldering everything :whistle: Flashlight was always on no matter how much tightened (or not tightened at all) it is. I managed to isolate the negative contact from the heat sink (with a thin layer of cellophane) . Now it turns on somewhere at the middle of tightening. When I tighten it all the way it goes off again. Any ideas what could be wrong?

LilKevin715

Enlightened
The ITP A1 EOS is a twisty flashlight that relies on the two halves of the light coming together to complete the circuit. If the custom pill you made was too long then it will shorten the length between the two halves. It sounds like you need to shorten the pill a bit. Here is a picture of my stock ITP A1 EOS and the pill depth.

-->

A metal file could be used to reduce/shorten the pill. Of course you would have to disassemble the light again. I'd also recommend putting a small solder blob on the batt+ of the driver so the twisty action doesn't wear out the contact pad.

Speedle

Newly Enlightened
Longer pill means that two halves come together faster (not all thread is used). The circuit here is ok.
I think I found a problem. Reflector (aluminium!) touched positive contact of the led. I isolated led contacts and now flashlight works as it should.

rezwan11

Newly Enlightened
How did you remove the original pill? i want to mod my olight A1, i am guessing the heads are the same.

Last edited:

Bauer

Newly Enlightened
How did you remove the original pill? i want to mod my olight A1, i am guessing the heads are the same.
I am also wanting to mod my i1 eos but the pill is really glued in there.