Bright Star LED 4 Cell PR lamp?????

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Does anyone know anything about the Bright Star Lighting (Koehler) 4 Cell LED Lamp? I saw it on Bright Guys site and I was thinking of one to put in my Tec-40. Any idea how bright it is? I'm thinking it might be a better option now than the Impact XL I was planning on purchasing. "On the site it says "This LED lamp is housed in a standard PR base. It can replace the standard PR based bulb in your 4 cell light. Fits in the Koehler 4AA Responder, 4C Responder and Princeton Tec 40. The LED lamp will increase your lights run time, though decreasing the lights output."
John

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Koehler-Brightstar PR4-LED is quite nice in the Tec 40. I got the 2 to test the idea. Think of it as the equivalent of the Versalux PR-2 LED bulb, for 6 volts. It is somewhat brighter the the Versalux in a Tec 20 or PT Solo with wide reflector. It is a modified 5mm Nichia LED.

My 85 year old mom has my Tec 40 with this bulb, on her nightstand and she really likes it.

I am not sure about runtime, and I would not want to try it with rechargables or lithium AAs.

Don't expect it to be anywhere near as bright as a luxeon.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it provides typical single led output, like you would find from an Infinity Ultra or Brinkman Long Life?