6R bulbs in G2?

Rhesus Feces

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I have some older 6R bulbs that I'd like to sell to a friend for use in his G2.

Are there any issues with using them in rechargeable mode?(I wouldn't thinks so, but I'd like to be absolutely sure)

Can the 6R bulbs be used with lithium batteries like a standard P60 bulb?

...OR...

Will it explode and burst into flames?
wink.gif

Last but not least, will the 6P to 6R aluminum adapter work on the G2?

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Josh

Size15's

Flashaholic
The R60 and N4 Lamp Assemblies are designed to be only powered by the B65 NiCad.

The P60 can be powered by either two SF123As or the B65 NiCad.

The A19 Body Adapter fits and functions on my G2's. I assume therefore that the A14 Body Adapter will also fit and function on the G2.

Best regards,

Al

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I traded a couple of used R30's that I picked up with a pair of 3P's for a pair of R60's. (One 3P body is being used as a strapped on mounting fixture for various SF heads and LA;s wired to various rechargeable battery packs.) I was told the R60's really weren't significantly different than the P60's although I suspect their design voltage may be a little lower. The lack of significant differentiation may be why SF discontinued them. (Note: Brock says a P60 draws 4.9 V while a R60 with B65 probably pulls no more than 4.6 to 4.7 V.)

I've not used the R60's much, yet but expected to run them a little brighter than a P60 with 123's for a shorter life.

I'm now toying with running the R60's in a P9 with one Copia Lithium-ion LRB150B and one Sanyo NiMH A. This voltage combination should be a little lower than 2 fresh 123's.