Is there a difference between the 8X and the 8AX?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On surefire's site, they list the commander model as the 8AX. On brightguy.com, it is listed as the 8X 311. Is this the same exact light or is there a generational difference?
confused.gif

Tim Flanagan

Newly Enlightened
The 311 is the previous generation. That particular stock number comes with one B90, the overnight charger and AC and DC adapters. Full suggested retail price is $178.99 for a reference. The new 8AX has 2 B90's, AC/DC adapters and the 2-hour rapid charger for a SRP of $184.99. not to mention it's a much sleeker light. You do the math.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My 1998 Surefire catalog lists the model 8X311 system including an 8X flashlight, 1 B90 battery and a C311 AC/DC overnight charger (charges in 11 hours). This light is definately an older generation than the 8AX/8NX. Even if you can find an older model at a discount I would not recommend buying it. The current 8AX/8NX is a much better package at a more attractive price.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

PS...I have noticed some catalogs and websites still offering the older model for sale. Be careful and inquire before you buy.