XM-L2 versions of Nitecore EA4 and EA8

crunk master j

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know when the Nitecore will start putting XM-L2 emitters in these lights? I don't have any specific information that an upgrade is in the works, just an assumption on my part. The Eagletac GX25A3 and Sunwayman D40A feature XM-L2s so you would think Nitecore should be stepping up its game soon.

viperxp

Enlightened
From what I see with other flashlights from Nitecore, that also use out-dated diodes the day you wish for may never come. Just look at their other flashlights and you will understand. Actually I never saw a single flashlight model from Nitecore where the LED was updated by the manufacturer to a more recent version.

kst

Newly Enlightened

kst

Newly Enlightened
IlluminationSupply is selling an EA4 with the XM-L2, but I think that that is something they did on their own with Nitecore's permission.

From bottom of their product page:

"Note: Nitecore did not revise the packaging for this custom run, do not be concerned if the box has the old label."

I think the original EA4 body with problematic button was used for this run.
They did mention new stock of EA4 XM-L U2s have updated buttons ... just info I gathered while comparing issues with EA4 and D40A. Also, they stock D40As with updated spring as does hkequipment and doingoutdoor.com

Last edited: