XM-L'S and Deerelight?

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
I originally had a Dereelight mc-e that worked fine. Upgraded to xm-l and have had three go bad. I have gone back to the mc-e so I can use the light. Is there anything better I can upgrade to other than the xm-l. I did like the extra light, but dont want to invest in another xml.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is, of course, just an opinion but I sincerely doubt the cause of the issues you had was related to the LED. The LED chip itself is used by almost all manufacturers now, many with extremely high reliability. It is most likely that your issues are a result of something else, including the driver circuit or any number of electrical connections that are involved in the construction of the light.

It is possible that Dereelight implemented the LED poorly, either driving it too hard, not providing a sufficient thermal pathway (resulting in a build up of heat that could damage the LED), or a number of other things.

If you are looking for a higher reliability solution and you have had multiple failures with the Dereelight, I suggest looking at other manufacturers.

You're not going to get similar performance from any other LED that Dereelight uses and if they have manufactured a product that has a design/implementation flaw, they don't deserve your allegiance.

If you're talking about P60 drop ins, there a many, many out there that will suit your needs although I'm not sure about compatibility with the Deree host.

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
So what reliable light do you recommend that will put out the same or better floody light?