SF 9N, where to? // Pelican M6 question.

akula88

Enlightened
I have a rechargeable SF 9N (311). Plain jane. What's next for this workhorse. I envy some of SF's model having some upgrade path such as new LED options, etc. Anybody every had upgraded their 9N into non-rechargeable option or used third-party upgrades?

Also, I found the specs and price of PM6 to be very good and more superior to the SF P6. Are SF 6P accessories compatible with the PM6? Bezels, etc...

Further, which other brands of flashlight are compatible with SF accessories. I like SF for having lots of options to its base model... (except for the 9N, perhaps).

K-T

*Moderator*
Sadly none of the conversion kits (actually there is only one. namely the KT3) fit the 9N, some dealers still think the KT3 fits the 9N, but it doesn't. Your only chance is to find/search/track down a T3, the 3" Turbohead for the 9N. Do a search here for T3, 9N and Turbohead and you'll find lots of good information about it's performance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently found a T3 for my 9N (after probably a good year of searching) and it's amazing, but some people don't think they are worth the effort to tract down. My 9N was my first SF, and is one light I will never part with. It doesn't have a huge amount of accessories, but you still can get filters and the like for it.

Personally I don't really use my SF 6P much, I tend to always go for a Streamlight Scorpion. I believe that the SF KL3 conversion head will fit the SL scorpion, but have never tried it. One other thing you might want to look into is the LED Pelican M6. Hope this helps.

-Mike