Surefire C2

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Am new on the forum and wish to purchase a Surefire C2. Can someone recommend an on-line vendor in which they have had previous experience. My background is with Colt DA's and auto knifes. Know who and where to buy from for those 'toys', but completely blank on a quality dealer from whom to purchase a Surefire light. Appreciate any and all recommendations. :confused::confused:

scout24

Flashaholic
Welcome! Sadly, the C2 is no longer available new in incandescent form, there is a listing on Amazon for the LED version. i would sign up over at the marketplace if you haven't already, and keep an eye out for one on the Buy/Sell/Trade. Or, look at Oveready.com for a custom anodized one, already bored for (1) 18650 or (2) 18350 Lithium Ion batteries. May as well dive in headfirst! :) Enjoy your time here.

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Welcome! Sadly, the C2 is no longer available new in incandescent form, there is a listing on Amazon for the LED version. i would sign up over at the marketplace if you haven't already, and keep an eye out for one on the Buy/Sell/Trade. Or, look at Oveready.com for a custom anodized one, already bored for (1) 18650 or (2) 18350 Lithium Ion batteries. May as well dive in headfirst! :) Enjoy your time here.
scout24: Thank you for your quick response. Will check out Amazon for the LED version and sign up at the marketplace. Not familiar with Oveready.com, but will look into that site also. Do not understand the 'bored' options', but will try to get a better understanding. Again, thanks for the post. It is appreciated.

scout24

Flashaholic
"Bored" refers to the inner diameter of the battery tube. Stock, the C2 holds a pair of 123 batteries, also called 16340's in Lithium Ion chemistry. 16mm in diameter, 34mm in length. (Nominally the same size as a 123 primary cell) Boring the light out to 18+mm in diameter opens up the possibilities to use other cells. 18650's are 18mm diameter by 65mm long. (Nominally close enough in length to a pair of 123's to fit in the light) You will see all sorts of numbers related to lithium cells here. The search bar at the upper left will be your best friend. The amount of knowledge on this forum is phenomenal. Almost five years here and I don't have to look too hard to learn something new on a regular basis. The beauty of the Incandescent version is that it uses what are called P60 lamps, whose dimensions form the basis for a whole mind-boggling array of LED choices known as "P60 dropins" here. (Search that when you have some free time...) You can spend a career here trying to sort out all the available options for dropins from mild to wild. May be a steeper entry price on a Bored or stock incandescent C2, but the upgrade possibilities are endless. New tech in three years? No problem, someone here will more than likely make a new P60 dropin with that new driver/reflector/emitter you want...

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
scout24: Great information. Thank you for taking the time to enhance my very limited knowledge of flashlights. Am comfortable with gun (revolver) and knife lingo, but very limited when it comes to flashlights. Appreciate !!