Question to Fenix TK75 and RC40 Owners

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings, Hope our friend Patriot picks up on this thread as well as other owners of these lights. Few questions starting with your opinion on spill beam brightness difference between the TK75 and RC40? A little brighter or much brighter? Throw should not be drastic, but any opinions there also are welcomed.

Does anyone also know if the RC battery pack charges in a balanced fashion?

I have the TK75 and Olight SR96. The 96 is seriously an awesome light and if you've already haven't read about it can say that it's an awesome thrower. I really like the beam on the TK75, and the throw, so I'm wondering if I can get more, or considerably more spill beam brightness without sacrificing spill.

The reason I'm collecting this info is to see if it makes sense to sell my TK75 and SR96 and just get the RC40.

Many thanks for your input!
RC

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey RC,

I'd say that the spill is a little brighter and the throw is a little farther. That's probable it in a nutshell, short of looking at the beamshots and video.

I highly suspect it's a fully ballanced pack but I've never taken it apart. I think the liabilities would be to high for Fenix otherwise.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks Patriot - Exactly what I gathered from the video, wanted to make sure my eyes weren't off... Must say it's a hard toss up to trade both lights for the RC40. I may wind up just keeping the TK75 and SR96. Must say the SR 96 is truly an awesome light - then again, so is being able to clearly see out past 300 yds... Thanks again man!

PhatPhil

Newly Enlightened
Why not have your TK75 modded to increase it's output?

The RC40 form factor and proprietary battery pack put me off so I ordered a TK75vn from Vinh off here :)

Razzle

Enlightened
Agreed.

$50. or so for a Vinh-monster TK75 (mine will ship to him tomorrow).

That and my new K40vn, I'm all set up to spot alien spacecraft, AND walk the dogs.