E2L AA work with EB1 head?

N/Apower

Enlightened
Will an E2L work with an EB1 head? 2xAA=3V, and several times the MAH of the 1xCR123. To me, simple-minded as I am, it looks like a recipe for longer run-time with cheaper, more common batteries, at the expense of a bit of size. Still, very nice 200+ lumen AA light...

Possible? Why/Why not?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto. I ran a test last year with 2xEneloops. Haven't tried it with lithium primaries or alkalines.

From one of the early EB1 threads (Link) . . . .

Just ran a test with 2x new Eneloops fresh off their first break-in cycle.

EB1onEneloops.jpg

The EB1 stayed pretty close to full output for over an hour before beginning to drop. I ended the test before discharging the batteries completely.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Original post edited... sorry, was tired from a long trip and read EB1 as E1B... :) So it will work, as tonkem below said but drivers are not the same (I guess, never saw EB1 driver, only E1B)... :)

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Will an E2L work with an EB1 head? 2xAA=3V, and several times the MAH of the 1xCR123. To me, simple-minded as I am, it looks like a recipe for longer run-time with cheaper, more common batteries, at the expense of a bit of size. Still, very nice 200+ lumen AA light...

Possible? Why/Why not?

Yes, it works, I had the EB1 and used the head on my E2L-AA, without issue on eneloops. The only difference is the first click is High and the 2nd click is low, versus the E1L being Low then High.