Surefire E1E (old style) LED upgrade options, single mode

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
Some time ago I was given a Surefire E2D as a gift, and I purchased a Veleno designs single mode LED drop in and it's been one of my favorite lights ever since. I also carry a Quark Mini 123 I purchased a few years back, and as far as output goes they are hard to distinguish, both are very close to each other in all respects.

One of my favorite flashlights, aesthetically, is the Surefire E1E (I like the old bezel design and not the newer E1B and E1L designs) and I have been kicking myself for not buying them when they were "cheap" because now if you can find them they are going for pretty astounding sums.

I know it may be weird to go based on looks but my ideal EDC flashlight is an E1E, but with an LED that matches (or improves upon) the output of my Quark Mini 123 on high (I prefer single mode), and I don't think the Veleno design LED dropin is available anymore. I was just wondering if there are other drop ins of comparable quality available? A search didn't yield much....

If not, does anyone do custom work that could make an E1E spit out ~200 lumens or more?

Regards

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana SingLED or TripLed.

These are great options, but unless you run your E1E on a single li-ion, you are stuck with multiple modes. Tana cannot do a single mode drop in that works with a single primary. Believe me, I've hounded him for one for a couple of months :D

Last edited:

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
These are great options, but unless you run your E1E on a single li-ion, you are stuck with multiple modes. Tana cannot do a single mode drop in that works with a single primary. Believe me, I've hounded him for one for a couple of months :D

Yeah, I would definitely prefer to be able to use primaries as an option. It's frustrating that there isn't much out there for E Series heads especially when people have done so much to squeeze a lot of power out of tiny lights (seeing what is possible with other single 123 lights).

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
Geeze, for what they are going for on Ebay I could get a Blackshadow Terminator or Tiny Monster.... and that's BEFORE any sort of drop in upgrade. One day...

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the E2E head will fit a standard E1E, E1B or E1L body? I plan on buying a drop in module anyway and it looks like it might be cheaper to do it piecemeal

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know if the E2E head will fit a standard E1E, E1B or E1L body? I plan on buying a drop in module anyway and it looks like it might be cheaper to do it piecemeal

Yes, it will work with those bodies. I have a E2E head on a E1L body/tailcap right now.

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
Well, i have prepared all my e1e and e2e with TNT Dropin. They are perfectly build and the input voltage is from 2.8V up to 6V.
So you can use it with two primarys or one 17670/16340 Akku. If you like high cri choose the nichia 219 or xpg s2 for a little bit more throw!

Talk to Tarik (TNT), he's a nice guy! And very you don't need to wait for a long time...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...T-SingLED-modules-for-Surefire-incan-E-series