cheapest place to buy Tk41 U2??

chris_786

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, after my last what torch thread? I've decided on buying the Fenix TK41. The secret prepper in me loves the relative ease of using AA's. If TSHTF then I can get AA's readily.

I've since purchased the solarforce L2 with 800 lumen drop in. So will see what that's like compared to my Lensor P7.

My question is as I'm new to the torch thing .... Where is the best place to buy the Fenix?

I've seen the Fenix torches at around 70 USD but then I'd have import duty etc. So where is the best/cheapest place to buy in the UK?

Regards, Chris.

Latango

Newly Enlightened
To be honest, as an Aussie, I buy all my fenix torches from HK on ebay. Basically, find the cheapest torch + freight price you can, factor in the import duty and bob's your uncle. However, they always put some bs value on the package so it flies under the radar here for duty, you could ask the seller what cost they will put on it. Only advice I have to give I'm afraid.

chris_786

Newly Enlightened
To be honest, as an Aussie, I buy all my fenix torches from HK on ebay. Basically, find the cheapest torch + freight price you can, factor in the import duty and bob's your uncle. However, they always put some bs value on the package so it flies under the radar here for duty, you could ask the seller what cost they will put on it. Only advice I have to give I'm afraid.

Thanks, but how are you able to guarantee that they are the genuine article?

Latango

Newly Enlightened
One ebay caveat that I forgot to mention is that I make sure to use a popular, high volume +99% seller. Having bought over a dozen fenix's from ebay over the last few years, if I've got a fake it was so good I didn't notice.

Actually come to think of it, more like 20. LD 20/22 x 11, tk 35 40 41 70 75, and a few single AAA's. Convincing the wife I need an rc40 isn't going well though.