Have you ever seen a Flashlight like this...? +++ Captain Nemos Sphere +++

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi!

Got this beauty in a trade from a German Knifemaker, as you can see he can not
only build wonderful knives... ;)

Fully made of bronze, McClicky Switch, powered by a Cr123 or Rcr123, works with
P26 Drop-Ins that were milled down to 21mm diameter, custom coated glas-lens.
Guys, i have never seen a light like this, awesome form and finish.

image154.jpg

image155.jpg

as there was no Drop-In in it, i ordered a Malkoff Drop-In, it was milled down on the lathe
and no i have a perfect warm-white beam and 3levels of brightness :)

P10207661.JPG

P1020767.JPG

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
That is neat looking!! Is it heavy? Certainly looks durable!!

How many lumens does it put out?

OT Here.........Ich Bin Ein Berliner!!!!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Toby, beautiful! :clap: This guy should make more of these! :twothumbs :takeit:

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool indeed.

Toby, did you post this on the USN already...or am I dreaming that I've seen this light before?:eek:oo:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like something Captain Nemo from 20,000 leagues under the seas might carry

Last edited:

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Love steampunk in every way .. . nice design

-------------------------------
OT:

OT Here.........Ich Bin Ein Berliner!!!!
that mean you are donut ... Kennnedy did not know that to ;-)))

There is a misconception that Kennedy made a risible error by saying Ich bin ein Berliner (emphasis added): the claim is made that Kennedy referred to himself not as a "citizen of Berlin" but as a "jelly doughnut", known in Berlin as a "Pfannkuchen" ("pancake") but as "Berliner" [8][9] in the north and west and as "Krapfen" in the south of Germany and in Austria. Kennedy should, supposedly, have said Ich bin Berliner to mean "I am a person from Berlin", and so adding the indefinite article ein to his statement implied he was a non-human Berliner, thus, "I am a jelly doughnut".[10] However, while the indefinite article ein is omitted when speaking of an individual's profession or residence, it is still necessary when speaking in a figurative sense as Kennedy did. Since the President was not literally from Berlin but only declaring his solidarity with its citizens, "Ich bin ein Berliner" was not only correct, but the only way to express what the President wanted to say.[10]
An early reference to this misconception appears in Len Deighton's spy novel Berlin Game, published in 1983, which contains the following passage, spoken by Bernard Samson:
'Ich bin ein Berliner,' I said. It was a joke. A Berliner is a doughnut. The day after President Kennedy made his famous proclamation, Berlin cartoonists had a field day with talking doughnuts.[11]

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks like Captain Nemo's flashlight, if he had one in the film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

Absolutely excellent!

Capolini

Banned
Love steampunk in every way .. . nice design

-------------------------------
OT:

that mean you are donut ... Kennnedy did not know that to ;-)))

OT!

That is a misunderstanding in dialect and meaning!! I investigated it!

According to several websites that I checked out[and my neighbor who is from Germany!], JFK was GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT in how he said that. In Berlin,Germany the dialect is different so JFK was NOT saying a "Jelly Doughnut!" ;)
JFK talked to his German interpreters to make sure he got it right before his speech!

p.s. READ that large paragraph you posted about it! It basically says what I am saying!! You are contradicting yourself!:)

This sentence is towards the end of the article you posted!

"Ich bin ein Berliner was NOT only CORRECT, but the ONLY way to express what the President wanted to say"

Your post was one of the articles that I read!

Have a Happy Day in Europe!
,,,,,,,,,,,ciao,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roberto/Capo "My Siberian/Wolf"!

Last edited: