Sunwayman V11R with AA extender tube & too big of O-ring that came with it

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Sunwayman V11R with the AA extender tube so that I can run 14500 batteries.

The extender comes with what looks like a whitish silicone O-ring and when I screw the extender onto the light, the O-ring kind of squishes out and I can't screw it on all the way. Thus I'm not making electrical contact of the body and the light will not come on. I took the O-ring off and the light works fine because I can then screw the extender all the way on.

Anyone come across this problem and what did they do to remedy it? I'm thinking that I might have to look for a different O-ring........:confused:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, it's fixed. I had to put the spare O-ring on. The original was swollen. Not sure how that happened as that is the way it was sent to me new.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem when my V11R was new. The ring that came on the extender appears too loose, as you report. I'm using the light with cr123s right now, but will slip the spare on when switching to AAs.

therazorsedge

Newly Enlightened
i just saw this. my v11r's o-ring does not fit. the oring only fits on the aa extender, but does not fit on the v11r itself. I don't know if its a manufacturer defect, but the part of the flashlight where the oring is supposed to go, it looks like there is a formed plastic oring that was maybe molded when they made it, which makes the oring stick out if I try to put it on. so right now I can only use 1 oring on the aa extender part and that's it. is this normal? also, there is a gap left once I screw everything on between the aa extender and the negative body side of the v11r. any thoughts??

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I'm sure we can figure out if you've got a problem, missing O-ring, etc. I'll take a picture in the morning and post it so you can see if mine is like yours. Without the AA extender, I do have a black O-ring on the body by the threads that seals the head. The AA extender has its own O-ring that was a clear color and that was the one that was stretched on mine. If you get a chance perhaps you could also post a picture.

VpGQF3S.png

Last edited:

therazorsedge

Newly Enlightened
I see that on mine it looks like a built in black oring that's part of the body. I can only use 1 rubber oring apart from the built in black one. Once it's screwed on tightly there's still a gap between the body and the AA extender on the connecting side of the body (button side) not sure if there's supposed to be a gap or not. But I don't want to keep turning because I don't want it to break. I thought it was supposed to screw on and be flush with no gap

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, there is just one black o-ring on the body, but it's not built in.........it can be replaced. Also you should be able to screw the extender on all the way with no gap and feel it bottom out when the inside lip of the extender (where there is no anodization) so that you will have electrical connection through the body. Otherwise the light won't turn on. I have a feeling something is wrong with your o-ring. It must have swollen preventing you from screwing the extender on all the way. I'd remove and then you should be able to screw the extender on all the way. If so you'll have to put the spare o-ring on. I noticed in my package that the spare that I got was a clear one like the extender. I don't have any problems with my V11R, but this is making me think I need to secure me some spare o-rings.

I have just been using my V11R without the extender and using a 16340 battery or CR123A.

a286rP4.png

Last edited:

teotwawki

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today and had the same issue. Had to remove the clear oring on the extender for it to work.