3D Mag with Malkoff drop in

RXP-X

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys

I have a very old 3D Maglite with a Malkoff drop in although I don't remember what type it is :eek:. The rubber cover over the switch has perished, the lens is very scratched and the reflector is damaged to the extent it wont focus without it resembling a lunar eclipse!

What shall I do with it? Throw the lot away or swop over the drop in to a new Mag? I like the idea of having a crenelated bezel and maybe some type of rechargeable battery set up although I seem to remember the drop in wont take more than 6V. Are there any rechargeable battery options for this model mag?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice

Redhat703

Enlightened
You can buy the whole brand new incan 3D Mag for less than $20 and put the Malkoff drop-in to it, or find a good used one on CL or local garage sale.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
That's the beauty of having a Malkoff! You can just swap the drop-in to another body. 4 "C" cells (alkaline or rechageables) in a PVC tube will fit in a 3D body, or the battery pack from the Magcharger will work as well.

RXP-X

Newly Enlightened
Cool, I think Ill buy a new one then and swop over the Malkoff. Who makes some nice glass lenses and crenelated bezels on here?

thanks guys