CQG S1 or similar ?

Opius

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF!

I am currently searching for a keychain flashlight.

I have found the CQG S1, and i like it! Can anyone tell me anything about this ? Pros or Cons?

Can i use a 10440 battery in the CQG S1 ?

If you dont like it, can you please give me an alternate? want it to be sleek and simple.

-Opius

Last edited:

Mgizler

Enlightened
Hi CPF!

I am currently searching for a keychain flashlight.

I have found the CQG S1, and i like it! Can anyone tell me anything about this ? Pros or Cons?

Can i use a 10440 battery in the CQG S1 ?

If you dont like it, can you please give me an alternate? want it to be sleek and simple.

-Opius
I used to own the CQG S1 and it is a great light. Super sleek SS design, great beam and tint, perfect size for key ring carry.

Some drawback for me were that it was just a touch to small for my large hands. And it was so smooth that the light would slip through my fingers when trying to operate the switch. Also a single mode light was another drawback for me.
So I recently sold it over on bladeforums to another member.

I have since picked up a Peak Eiger Oveready edition and opted for the nichia 219 cri head. Man let me tell you, I love this thing!!! It was quite a bit more money after the momentary switch, and dark sucks clip, but it is now my primary edc light.

The knurling is perfect and the switch as well as the head are very smooth to operate. Plus the ability to have a very very low low beam at night is perfect for checking on my kids and around the inside of the house without losing my night vision.

And Robyn at Peak is awesome to deal with. She has helped me through the whole purchase and selection of my light. And has given me great feedback and advice even at late hrs of the night!! Highly highly recommended!!

Opius

Newly Enlightened
I used to own the CQG S1 and it is a great light. Super sleek SS design, great beam and tint, perfect size for key ring carry.

Some drawback for me were that it was just a touch to small for my large hands. And it was so smooth that the light would slip through my fingers when trying to operate the switch. Also a single mode light was another drawback for me.
So I recently sold it over on bladeforums to another member.

I have since picked up a Peak Eiger Oveready edition and opted for the nichia 219 cri head. Man let me tell you, I love this thing!!! It was quite a bit more money after the momentary switch, and dark sucks clip, but it is now my primary edc light.

The knurling is perfect and the switch as well as the head are very smooth to operate. Plus the ability to have a very very low low beam at night is perfect for checking on my kids and around the inside of the house without losing my night vision.

And Robyn at Peak is awesome to deal with. She has helped me through the whole purchase and selection of my light. And has given me great feedback and advice even at late hrs of the night!! Highly highly recommended!!

I like that flashlight alot! My only concern is that it doesent have a tail clicky. (i saw the momentarily on tailcap, but i want a permanent)

Mgizler

Enlightened
I like that flashlight alot! My only concern is that it doesent have a tail clicky. (i saw the momentarily on tailcap, but i want a permanent)

I hear you with the tail cap clickie. I used to feel the same way but I find myself liking and using the momentary on this light 95% if the time so far.

I think, I you are dead set on a clickie, you are limited to the CQG S1, Preon, micro stream, etc... I have yet to own a preon so I cannot comment on that light, but the micro streams are nice. Not crazy output but not bad.

I know thee are other options out there, but I'm just not that familiar with all the other clickie aaa lights.