Armytek Wizard Switch

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
The switch on my Wizard Pro at times was very hard to engage, and yesterday it did not work at all, Even when I used a blunt stick to try and get leverage the switch would still not work so I had to unscrew the tailcap to get the light to go off. I contact Armytek and am awaiting a response. Is this a known problem at all? I purchased the light from illumination supply. It has always seemed pretty firm but last night was the worst. Today it seems to still be a little hard to engage, but functions correctly. Anyone have experience with this?

d1337

Enlightened
I think your problem might actually be in the firmware. I had issues with mine being unresponsive and the only way to get it working again was to unscrew the cap and screw it back together after a minute or so. Armytek told me that there some problems with the early firmware and agreed to replace the light.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
I'm working with Armytek now. The light is brand new. I'm not sure if it is the colder weather that does it or what. I really don't want to send it back.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is interesting. I haven't had any trouble with that so far. I think I did once have the problem where I had to unscrew the tailcap and put it back on before it would turn on though. I'm going to leave it alone unless it happens often and becomes annoying.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
That is interesting. I haven't had any trouble with that so far. I think I did once have the problem where I had to unscrew the tailcap and put it back on before it would turn on though. I'm going to leave it alone unless it happens often and becomes annoying.

Have you used it in cold temperatures?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, and that was the time when I had to unscrew the tailcap to get it to work again. It was around 20 degrees F or so that night. I have used it since then in weather just below freezing for a few hours and didn't have any trouble though.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
Yes, and that was the time when I had to unscrew the tailcap to get it to work again. It was around 20 degrees F or so that night. I have used it since then in weather just below freezing for a few hours and didn't have any trouble though.

There was a time in about that same temp that the light would not turn off.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I see. Hopefully I won't have too much trouble. It came in recently (late December), so I'm hoping it's not the original batch.

TRiley

Newly Enlightened
I have had no problems with mine. I live in northern Il and it's been dam cold.
Hope your's works out for you.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
I have had no problems with mine. I live in northern Il and it's been dam cold.
Hope your's works out for you.

If your light is still connected, blinking green every 4 seconds, and you were to leave it for a couple hours, how easy would it be to turn on? Is it a long press at all? Or just one click. It takes a few seconds holding it down to get the switch to turn red indicating it's being pressed. Just trying it now it took a substantial amount of pressure to get the switch to turn red showing that I'm pressing it. I also haven't been happy with Armyteks customer service, I haven't received e-mails back as promptly as I would have hoped.

TRiley

Newly Enlightened
The switch on mine is stiff with and audible click. It takes some pressure to turn it on but not and over amount. Never had a problem turning mine on or off. I would send it back and have them fix it.

jonathanluu2

Newly Enlightened
Mine always clicks and illuminates immediately when pressed. I have an original run from mid-2013. The switch has become slightly easier to press over the months (Id say roughly 70% of the pressure required to press it originally). Sounds like some sort of mechanical failure.

J.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, mine definitely has an audible click, and it takes a good amount of pressure to push from its initial position.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
I'm a healthy 21 year old and can barely press it sometimes. When I said no audible or felt click they said send it back for a warranty return.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool; I hope it gets fixed in a timely manner for you and works well after that. Keep us posted!

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
Cool; I hope it gets fixed in a timely manner for you and works well after that. Keep us posted!

I will. If I understand the e-mail correctly then I ship it to China, send my shipping confirmation and they will send out a new light to me, then refund my shipping once they receive the item. Not a terrible system.

bower4311

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, another Wizard switch issue. I hope this is not a pattern. Subscribing to see how this all turns out...

Who else has this happened to? I sent my Wizard Pro back Tuesday. I sent an e-mail Friday asking when my new one would be sent out, I was told sometime this week coming up. I'm guessing they're waiting for my light to get to the china plant. That's a little frustrating if you ask me. I have an obvious problem yet I'm still going to be out my light for who knows how long. My thinking is that it would be easier for me to send it to Canada, have them evaluate my light then send me a new one. Then they can send it to China on their time. I should have asked about purchasing a new light from them and having them refund it once they saw mine was defective. Some companies do holds on an account until the old one arrives, or even take a credit card down and bill if they don't receive. I can't see these being high scam items or having them run into many problems with not getting a light back. Their customer service is pretty quick once you get into a conversation with them, I just wish I didn't have to be without the light for so long.