• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired x3t maglite dropin auction

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
quesion: would sauron ever sell his ring of power?
answer: maybe...

after making this and playing with it for a while, i've come to realize that i just can't keep it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
i decided i could either play riddles in the dark, or auction it off. so heres the auction.

here is more information about my precious

auction will end <font color="red">friday</font> night at 10pm central time.

basically, what this is is a heatsink+x3t led with a built-in bulb stock, so it drops into any dcell maglite. this means that you can control how bright it is, how much runtime it has, and how big it is by changing bodies. it's also nice that if the body gets damaged or if the switch stops working, you can merely transplant it into a new body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
the auctoin is for the module only, a maglite won't be supplied unless specifically asked for, then i'm sure we can work something out.
the only modification needed is to trim the reflectors bulbstock, which is a very simple thing to do, if you are uncomfortable doing this, than let me know and i would be more than happy to do it for you.

10% of proceeds will be donated to cpf.

dsc00012.jpg

dsc00013.jpg

dsc00016.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
I am a fan of Roth's work.
I can say, that who ever gets this, has a top rate dropin.

Good design, good fit and finish.

And,, X3T baby !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks ticey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

added some more pics up top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Roth, what's that thing that looks like a piece of granola bar that the X3T is sitting on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Oh, what the heck... $70! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that was a copperclad pcb, but the coppercladding fell off prior to attachment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

it does serve it's purpose though, the emitter is absolutely perfectly centered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sharp

Enlightened
Very nice work Roth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Too bad I can't bid on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. Well, I think I can only sit and watch how this auction ends up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Richard

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks dull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yea, same here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daaamn Roth,

That's the scariest reflection I've ever seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Nice work though.

Wilkey

jtice

Flashaholic
LOLOLOLOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Heh, at least he's clothed !!!!

That pic alone should bump it up a few bucks.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ewll you don't think i got to this senior position by hard work and sacrifice do ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
am i allowed to bid on this myself? of course i'd still donate 10% to cpf.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
just cut down the reflector and plug the thing inside the top head (just like when you are changing the bulb) and off you go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif