M2 as daily carry? How do you carry? (update: pics)

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Currently, I carry my M2 in my Royal Robbins 5.11 pants, but with it's size (and a certain .32 from Keltec in my pocket behind the light pouch) it has started to ruin the fabric that rubs up against. You can tell I use the M2 everyday because you can make out where the lens sits and also the anti-roll hex bezel...

So...How do you carry the M2? I didn't like the V72 holster, as it leaves the lens unprotected, or the other part of the light...basicly no good...

What I want is a basketweave holster, with a flap or maybe without a flap, good for duty use...

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inside front left pocket, clipped in.

It carries pretty well that way, but certain pants don't work well. I normally wear Dockers a lot and they work fine, but I recent got a few pairs of their Mobile pants, and the pockets don't allow the light to hang straight down and thus the light isn't as secure.

Also jeans are too tight for this type of carry.

I'm inclined to get the V72 for when I'm wearing jeans.

-john

[ Edit - I'm not particularly worried about leaving parts of the M2 unprotected. I think it would take an awful lot to damage it in anything other than a cosmetic way. I've dropped it quite a few times on the concrete and only marred it - has never blown a bulb, etc. ]

912-1.jpg

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I carry it in a black cordura nylon pouch, the make is Vaude which is intended for knives I believe.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I bought a basketweave Bianchi Accumold Elite series holster that is designed for the Stinger, it is the type is only about 2 inches high, and holds the light bezel up, works great for the M2...I'll have to post a pic as soon as I get a chance...