G20 Drop in for our E1/E2 addiction

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Since getting hooked on lights I have been playing with many different mod's and Lego'n 6 way's to Sunday. It's still fun and entertaining. I doubt this addiction will easily be cured as it still has many facets to be explored. On that note I wanted to show my latest creation. Since most if not all Surefire addicts own an E1 or E2 I made a basic assumption that not all possible improvements have been addressed or even yet designed. With that in mind I thought why couldn't a drop in be made that offered a bit more than what is available?

Don't get me wrong. I own and love my Tana drop in's. My favorite being the 3 mode. Wish I could find a Veleno before getting snagged up. Seems my luck for owning one is sometime, someday. I just have to be patient.

Well with a bit of creativity and some boredom I decided to come up with another alternative to put out a thrower for our compact hand held E1 and E2 lights. It does require the head to be bored out to .750 but other than that it's a true drop in AND the best part is it can be easily customized should the owner want things like multi mode, higher cell count, ect.
The pictures should be self explanatory. I would appreciate any comments, criticism since I am going to be offering these up for sale in the near future.

Up front and close. Sorry for the dust and dirt. Funny how that stuff is so hard to see until you take a picture.

Signature spring side. The "G".

Good 'ole ceiling bounce for comparison. MN03 against the XPG at 700 miliamps.

Everything out on the table.

The bored head.

The "guts".

The parts as they fit together in the head.

Nice thick copper SinkPad MCPCB to handle those Btu's!

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
You are spot on. 2 7135's with a empty slot for another should 1 amp reach out and grab ya. I think it's bright enough as is though and after testing yesterday it can be left on for some decent run times. After 30 minutes it's warm but not hot, after an hour it's toasty, right around 115 degree's.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roughly an hour @ 700ma in an E1E on RCR. I was actually thinking less current (1x7135).