Thrunite TN32 Review

Snareman

Enlightened
Another winner from Thrunite. This light trumps the specs on the TN31 although in real use I can't say I saw a ton of actual difference in brightness. Its still a great light and a crazy bright super far thrower.

Capolini

Banned
Nice review! :)

I have the torch,,,,,,,,,,in fact I am on my "second" one!!! First one lasted Two weeks and the LED fried!!

The Jury[in my mind] is still out on this! I believe and hope mine was an isolated incident! So far so good w/ the replacement. I will be using it tonight for the Third time.It is an impressive torch,as long as it keeps working!

If you want to see the pics. of the Fried LED,,see my thread below.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...quot-I-hope-it-does-not-happen-to-you!!!-quot

Capolini

Banned
Wow, hopefully they took care of that for you.

They[Illumination Supply] did! They sent me a new torch right away. As for David [Thrunite owner], you could see by his "post" that he was very concerned[!!] by his apology and assurance that I would be taken care of!

Snareman

Enlightened
They[Illumination Supply] did! They sent me a new torch right away. As for David [Thrunite owner], you could see by his "post" that he was very concerned[!!] by his apology and assurance that I would be taken care of!

They seem to have good customer service in my experience. My first TN30 has glue that wasn't dry so everything eventually solidified up in the head. They got me a new one out nice and fast.

ven

Flashaholic
Great vid:thumbsup:
Customer service aside which is noted excellent.......

I am reading several issues on the thrunite lights,yes granted it happens to all(ok most) that issues arise,others swear(at) nitecore for example although i have had issue free flashlightingness(yes made up word).

So thrunite.......are these prone to above average issues for example over fenix etc,reason i ask is that it sort of holds me back.I am used to the issues posted as its a flashlight forum etc,pretty much same as other forums were issues can seem in abundance when in reality its 1 in 10,000........

So for the owners,build wise etc how do they weigh up,this tn32 and tn35 really appeal to me,but these little niggles(or more) are off putting for me(within reason and as said taking issues can happen to any brand into consideration).Just seems a little biased towards more thrunite issues over others...........or is it me.

:poke:

:thanks:

tgil

Newly Enlightened
Please tell me if I am missing something. The TN32 has a max output of 1700 lumens using a single cree XM-L2 LED. Is that correct?

From looking at the XM-L2 specs, getting 1700 lumens would be pushing the LED beyond its rated capability. Am I missing something or has Thrunite pulled off an amazing feat?

Capolini

Banned
Please tell me if I am missing something. The TN32 has a max output of 1700 lumens using a single cree XM-L2 LED. Is that correct?

From looking at the XM-L2 specs, getting 1700 lumens would be pushing the LED beyond its rated capability. Am I missing something or has Thrunite pulled off an amazing feat?

I think it may be because they are driving/pushing it to around 6Amps.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Excellent review!

I have got the TN12 and Catapult V3, both great lights.

the TN32 always intrigued me and the quality of the build impresses me.

I should get mine in a week or so.

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
I realize this thread is a bit dated but I will resurrect it with my thoughts on the light. I just got mine in from Illumination Supply, great service and price from those guys. The light is crazy bright and an extreme thrower, no surprises for readers here I'm sure but it was my first dedicated thrower I was REALLY Wow'd!. I can only imagine what further love from Vinh would do. Other random thoughts on the light:

Build quality is great and this sucker is heavy. I was a little freaked out when I took the end cap off to load the batteries and the switch circuit board fell out. I think it's by design as it went right back together but it just wasn't something I was used to.

I wish it didn't have the battery carrier like my LD60 but that's not really a knock. It's unidirectional which is a nice touch.

It's my first Thrunite and I think they over did the pelican case style packaging. It's nice but for me it's going on a shelf and I think I would rather see a $10 price reduction or the case as an added cost option.

User interface is brilliant for my simple brain. Pushbutton tailcap and the magnetic ring that changes modes. I agree with other reviews that the settings on the ring are a little hard to read but it's pretty intuitive to me.

Hope this helps for those that are comparing this to other lights like I did with the TK61.