• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB:ARC AAA brass version

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB:ARC AAA copper version

Perhaps it's the rare Brass version that is the actual focus of this venture. I'm a long-time Arc aficionado, and I also am not aware of a copper version.

But...if there is a copper version, I'll gladly join the chorus in trying to get one!

:)

Edit: "Aficionado" is now spelled correctly!

Last edited:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps it's the rare Brass version that is the actual focus of this venture. I'm a long-time Arc affecionado, and I also am not aware of a copper version.

But...if there is a copper version, I'll gladly join the chorus in trying to get one!

:)

Listen to this man. If anybody knows (that isn't Peter himself) it'd be my old friend John.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Listen to this man. If anybody knows (that isn't Peter himself) it'd be my old friend John.

Thanks for the kind words! Now, if only I had remembered how to properly spell "aficionado."

And my apologies to Bound for hijacking this thread. I'll stop now!

fyrstormer

Banned

As far as I know there is no such thing as a copper Arc AAA. However, maybe TnC Products could be persuaded to make a copper AAA light with Arc-compatible threading...hmm...

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Peak is now selling a limited edition copper Eiger with lug. Not a bad substitute for the non-existent copper Arc.

bnemmie

Enlightened

Peak is now selling a limited edition copper Eiger with lug. Not a bad substitute for the non-existent copper Arc.

Looks good like a good substitute. I just wish I had the extra $95 to spend on it.

vacuum3d

Enlightened

Perhaps it's the rare Brass version that is the actual focus of this venture. I'm a long-time Arc aficionado, and I also am not aware of a copper version.
Could this be the rare Brass version you're talking about?...

bound

Enlightened

Could this be the rare Brass version you're talking about?...
Hi vacuum3d,
It is my hope!
Thank you very much!
Thank you for your information and help!
I think I have a wrong word,I'm looking for is a brass AAA light.
And the word that I write is "copper".
However, your help, let me find the "brass" AAA light!
It makes me very excited!
Cheers
Brian

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Hi Brian,

I think I'm correct in saying that in China, there is only one word for copper containing alloys such as brass and copper.
This often leads to confusion on CPF, since its often the lower copper percentage alloy (ie brass) that is being referred to.

That original brass AAA Arc is a beauty. Good luck with your mission.

inetdog

Enlightened

In English we distinguish between two general classes of alloys of copper, namely brass and bronze, although there is some overlap in the word used.
Copper alloyed with tin (and other substances including phosphorus) is called bronze and is historically earlier.
Copper alloyed with zinc (and other substances) is called brass.
To make matters even more confusing, sometimes an alloy with a very high percentage of copper may still be called just copper, in the same way we recognize different purity gold alloys but still call them gold.
Neither brass nor bronze are pure metals.

A similar problem of translation is found in Japanese where one word is used for lubricating oil and petroleum fuels including even gasoline (petrol in UK.)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Brian...

Good luck to you in your quest!

If I remember correctly, there were only about 8 Brass Arc AAA`s that were sold or auctioned off on the CPF by Peter Gransee, the then-owner of the Arc Flashlight company. So...if I`m correct, this is going to be a challenge for you.

I have one of the Brass Arc AAA`s in my collection, and it has been at the side of my computer for many, many years. Although (as they say) everything is for sale at the right price, my Brass Arc AAA has a lot of sentimental value to me, so I have no plans to sell it. Perhaps one of the other Brass Arc AAA owners out there, though, will contact you.

In any event...once again....good luck to you!

bound

Enlightened

Hi Brian,

I think I'm correct in saying that in China, there is only one word for copper containing alloys such as brass and copper.
This often leads to confusion on CPF, since its often the lower copper percentage alloy (ie brass) that is being referred to.

That original brass AAA Arc is a beauty. Good luck with your mission.

In English we distinguish between two general classes of alloys of copper, namely brass and bronze, although there is some overlap in the word used.
Copper alloyed with tin (and other substances including phosphorus) is called bronze and is historically earlier.
Copper alloyed with zinc (and other substances) is called brass.
To make matters even more confusing, sometimes an alloy with a very high percentage of copper may still be called just copper, in the same way we recognize different purity gold alloys but still call them gold.
Neither brass nor bronze are pure metals.

A similar problem of translation is found in Japanese where one word is used for lubricating oil and petroleum fuels including even gasoline (petrol in UK.)

Hi Brian...

Good luck to you in your quest!

If I remember correctly, there were only about 8 Brass Arc AAA`s that were sold or auctioned off on the CPF by Peter Gransee, the then-owner of the Arc Flashlight company. So...if I`m correct, this is going to be a challenge for you.

I have one of the Brass Arc AAA`s in my collection, and it has been at the side of my computer for many, many years. Although (as they say) everything is for sale at the right price, my Brass Arc AAA has a lot of sentimental value to me, so I have no plans to sell it. Perhaps one of the other Brass Arc AAA owners out there, though, will contact you.

In any event...once again....good luck to you!
Hi everyone,
Thank you very much for your help!
The AAA brass is only 8!
Can see it is lucky, if able to collect it, that is: dreams come true!
With you in this post for my analysis and correction, gives me a lot of information about AAA brass, which enriched my light collection.
I'm looking forward to AAA brass came to its new home!

Cheers
Brian

BriteLite2

Enlightened

maybe you should change your thread title to reflect what you are seeking to give yourself a better chance at success?