The Transformation of an SK68.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
The light on the right is a SK 68,
and the light on the left is a SK68. (or at least it started out as an identical SK68 to the right one.

- This is a preview of a new build im working on,
(along with other secret light builds.)
So far i stripped down a stock SK, spent a a couple hours in my shop on the 3-axis Lathe with the bare SK68 body parts and re-machined them a little to make it a lighter, smaller, cleaner, more streamlined & pocket-friendly SK68,
and once the parts arrive that i have ordered, it will be a XP-G2 N/W 4500K, with either a 20-mode with moonlight driver or 4-mode with moonlight driver, along with new better O-rings, pill, and a 2-3 AA extension-tube option in this upgraded version of the single AA/14500 popular EDC light.
I have already re-machined the pill and head internally to increase the flood spot over stock, & re-machined the entire SK68 to a more streamlined, pocket-friendly EDC light, re-knurled the body with a more aggresive & grippier 1/32 pitch knurling.
( i may re-add a new pocket clip but it will be in the other direction for use on a ball-cap as a head-light.)

Stay tuned for the story & photos on this build project and the steps to do it, after i recieve the parts in and complete this project.
smiley.gif

DBSARSK68-1_zpsedcc9a51.jpg