What can I do with an Arc AAA???

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
There a very specific reason I want to ask this question:

Can a Highdome 1 watt LED be installed into an Arc AAA body and run off the one AAA batt? With an increase in Brightness?

Any links or pics would be a great help.

Thanks,

Brian

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
I've used a mod done by our esteemed LED mods as small as possible, and i wasn't impressed. The color was white, but the brightness left a lot to desire.

The converter was also sucking a lot from the battery, and even the NiMh was choking.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Interesting Mark. I have (3) of these already and (2) more on the way, each of which are set a bit differently. All of them stomp the stock ARC-AAA in brightness, with a whiter and wider light. This is on both rechargables and alkaline cells.

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
From his post in the B/S/T forum we can see there are apparently some misunderstandings about this particular light.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have any comparable lights, and i doubt you'd want a comparo with a Blaster 3P or with a BB400 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Arc AAA LS mod is meant as a key-chain carry, light duty, general purpose light, not a "weapon-grade" tactical light. This light is powered by one tiny AAA cell, it is simply unfair to compare it against Blaster 3P and BB400-MiniMag mod. The closest competitor in the same catagory would be Lambda's MicroIlluminator. Even that would be somewhat unfair because the much bigger bezel size gives the luxury of a more decent reflector.

I am sorry if my earlier posts delivered the impression that this mod I offered can fight off those over-driven lights.