MT-G2 TK75

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking through Fenix's facebook page and came across this (I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched and nothing came up):
1619542_623179257718593_1590567748_n.jpg

houser23

Enlightened
hmm, I'll definitely be watching for this one, can you imagine a 8000+ lumen Tk75?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing about being a flashaholic: If you just wait a little longer to buy that newest dream light you want from (x) company... it's already replaced by something even more awesome.

Seriously though.... HOLY COW. I hope this is a real production light that is coming. That total emitter surface area though.... :)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:rock::cool: So staying conservative here and going of the 1800lm of the iirc tk35 ,then 5400lm minimum should be expected !!

then no doubt 8000lm from vinh

Would be nice though imo for a little design tweak/s instead of just updated/higher output LEDs .
Awesome stuff!'n

kj2

Flashaholic
I asked Fenix about a MT-G2 version of the TK75. Their answer; "TK75 won't upgrade to MT-G2 version in a short time."

kj2

Flashaholic
Just a proof of concept then?
The photos are from a guy living in Spain. So there is a chance I did a mod on his own light. On the other hand, the Fenix banner under the lights
could suggest, it still has something to do with Fenix. It's probably a prototype, and do hope they will start producing this version.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Just wow. I'm in. That will require some great batteries! Non-protected, high draw 18650's.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure this makes a lot of sense, at least for me. It gets pretty warm with 3-4k lumens...I'm not sure it has the thermal mass for 5k or more lumens. I'd rather have the extended runtime on turbo, than twice as many lumens on turbo, but only for a brief time. That's just me, though. I definitely think they should release it, and give us the option of emitter type based on what we will use it for.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if Fenix said they won't upgrade the TK75 to this "... in the short time" Then that probably could mean this is a proof of concept or something and possibly looking at something similar for 2015. The MT-G2 does seem like it is starting to gain traction as one of the next big emitters used in lights so I could definitely see companies stuffing it into a lot of their lights that are already around.

Yeah, for 5000+ lumens on the TK75 it would maybe be able to do a short burst for a few minutes and then step down a few thousand lumens. That still would be awesome.

The fact that this emitter is getting used shows that in the coming years there are going to be some absolute huge monster lights using several MT-G2s putting out easily 5000 plus lumens.