animated gifs won't......animate

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
animated gifs won\'t......animate

i noticed a couple days ago, that the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 's won't raise their eyebrows, and the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif 's are stuck with the flashlight raised over the other guys head.

and worst of all, some of berts wonderful gifs are frozen in place! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

any idea what's going on? most likely i bumped one of ie's switches while reaching for a donut, any idea which one?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: animated gifs won\'t......animate

Did you try to repair IE? When you go to the configuration screen /software, click remove IE, and it should give you a screen with some options (add component, repair IE and restore previous version in my case)
I hope this will do the trick for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ie isn't on the add/remove list bert...

jtice

Flashaholic

Have fun, thats a big complaint I have about IE.
You cant reinstall it. Even if you try, it says you have a newer/current version, connot install.

Look in the add/remove programs for a update for IE. Remove it, then find a disk with IE on it, and reinstall.
Then go and do Windows update again. Thats the ONLY way I have found to work around it.
If you dont see a update in your add/remove programs..... your screwed.

alanz

Newly Enlightened

I think you have to keep your gifs well oiled.

Think Tin Man syndrome.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

quit smokeing that stuff roth. is ya pc even on?

Saaby

Flashaholic

Just get a new browser like Netscape 7.0, Opera, or Mozilla Firebird. Don't believe what others will tell you, they're superior browsers that work fine with about 95% of the websites out there.

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
quit smokeing that stuff roth. is ya pc even on?

[/ QUOTE ]

*snicker*... *giggle*... *snort*... ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

hey saaby, maybe i should just get a mac? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

ragu, what have i done or said to ever give you the idea that i smoked? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
this is 100% roth, baby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic

Hmmm and I'm the one being accused of smoking tulips.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well there is an option to turn on animations.

Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down to
Multimedia. The "Play animations in web pages" needs to be checked.

Before you do this make sure your anti-virus software is up-to-date. Bill Gates says it ain't secure, and he ought to know.

Someday when I am rich I'm going to get a wideband internet connection and check the "Show pictures" box so I can see what you people are talking about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

I have tried ALL the web browsers.... and they ALL suck. lol
Including IE.

Currently, I am using "Slim Browser"
It uses IE's drivers, plugins, etc. But is a tabed browser, which is GREAT. It has alot of extra added features, plus, you get all the features or plugins you had with IE.

I have not noticed it being a resource hog, or being slow,,,, no more than IE anyway.

Before this, I had Mozillas FireBird. HATED it. It crashed all the time, and hung alot. Most ppl like it though, they must have had alot better luck than I did with it.

Slim Browser is also... FREE ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Roth... when is the last time you emptied your internet temp files? I've had this sort of thing happen to me when the cache is too full and there's simply no more room to make those little guys move! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

after hitting reload a few times netscape 7.0 does that, too. I simply close it, re-open and it is fine again ...
???
bernhard

raggie33

*the raggedier*

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
hey saaby, maybe i should just get a mac? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

ragu, what have i done or said to ever give you the idea that i smoked? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you should start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:

[/ QUOTE ]OK. That made me laugh. :

Tomas

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, then even the regular .gif images start to wiggle ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Well, depending on what you're smoking, of course ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fan.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to suggest it but now that you have...

Roth, maybe you should just get a Mac. Then you can use Safari. It's better than IE. Don't believe what Tomas tells you, it's better.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

chevy, i'll get a mac as soon as you pay for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the problem is actualy worse than i thought. not only are the gremlins not animating, but some images don't even show up!
this is particularly annoying when a picture is a link, and i cant click it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

"play animations" is on...

i cleared out my cache last night...

Tomas

Banned

No, no! You are absolutely right that Apple Safari is better than Microsoft Internet Exploder, Saaby. I won't disagree there at all. Safari attempts to toe the line and provide the user with a browser that 100% respects the standards.

Yes, there are some minor bugs, but hey, Safari has only been out as a release version for less than a year, not like others that have been out for much, much longer, and still can't get it right.

Given a little time to work on the minor bugs and Safari will be almost unbeatable.

Safari is already one of the best browsers out there - almost as good as the one I use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T_sig6.gif
fan.gif

(I still have a working version of Mosaic, too ... )