Banggood - I won't be dealing with them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Mods: sorry if this is in the wrong area, I couldn't find anywhere that related to Dealer Experiences, please feel free to move to correct area)

G'day all,
Just thought I'd report my experience with Banggood. I might be being too critical of the cheap Chinese company, but read on and let me know your thoughts.

On the 14.10.13 I placed my order and let Neal know via PM with my order number. Now that he has the sale and my money, NOW he lets me know it's currently OUT OF STOCK for 3 days. I was pretty bummed, but I got over it. I've worked retail in the past and if you pulled this crap in my country, you'd be out of a sale again immediately. But I digress...

On the 17.10.13 I decide to chase Neal up about this. He says that they arrived today and will be QC'd and shipped tomorrow. Fair enough I guess. It's good to know that the torch will be correct and working when I receive it. He again confirms with me when I ask it was shipped on the 18.10.13.

After I work out how to check where my parcel is at, I find out it didn't even leave Shanghai until the 25.10.13. Is it normal for mail to take a week to leave the country? I haven't ordered much from China in the past so I don't really know.

On the 05.11.13 my QC'd TK75 arrives...the wrong one. What I opened up out of the tatty, old box was the old 2600 lm TK75, not what I paid for. But somehow this got through "QC" VERY disappointed at this stage. I then PM Neal and informed him that it was the wrong model of TK75. He finally replies after some prompting, at this stage he is getting very sloppy in replying to PM's (even after checking when last online.) He said a new one is in the mail (DHL) and I'll have it in 2-3 days with a postage paid bag for the wrong model to return. I tell him this is acceptable and a very bad first impression with BG. No replies...

On the 14.11.13 (9 days after he said 2-3 days for shipping via DHL) he tells me THAT'S IT'S BEING SENT TODAY AND IT'S ALSO BEEN ON BACKORDER. Now am I crazy, or should he have told me that on the 05.11.13 when he said it'd be 2-3 more days??????

TL;DR version, ordered and paid for on the 14.10.13, over a month later still don't have it in my possession.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure you've all heard of other out-of-china stories like this, but after dealing with Calvin from IS a couple of times, I guess I expected similar service through BG.

Please tell me if you think I am being too critical or expecting too much and I'll happily delete this thread and never refer anyone to BG again, ever.

Please take the time to read this and let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

harro

Enlightened
Sorry you've had a bad experience with an o/s dealer. Sometimes you wonder whether saving the $25.00 AUD or thereabouts is worth all the hassles ( in this case ). Like a lot of others, I tried doing this, also to save a couple of bucks, some years back. Same story. With Oz dealers though, never a hassle, and the two warranties I've had to return have also never caused any problems ( also in Oz ). Personally, i'd have thought that a TK75 wasn't a budget light ( 2.6 or 2.9 klm ), but i'm probably wrong on that point. :wave:

So.... What you're telling us is that the bang was in fact not good.

Affirm, should be called BadBang or Bangbad :p

Sorry you've had a bad experience with an o/s dealer. Sometimes you wonder whether saving the $25.00 AUD or thereabouts is worth all the hassles ( in this case ). Like a lot of others, I tried doing this, also to save a couple of bucks, some years back. Same story. With Oz dealers though, never a hassle, and the two warranties I've had to return have also never caused any problems ( also in Oz ). Personally, i'd have thought that a TK75 wasn't a budget light ( 2.6 or 2.9 klm ), but i'm probably wrong on that point. :wave:

Yep, theres a new torch business in QLD that just opened up, they were $30 more expensive with overnight shipping, kicking myself for not just going with them in the first instance :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts