Help identifying ZebraLight

mitymouse

Newly Enlightened
Greetings-
I have a 1xAA ZebraLight model that I acquired second hand. The original owner didn't have the manual or any other materials, and I am trying to identify which model it actually is. It is definitely a neutral white variety, and the battery tube/handle doesn't have any knurling/ridges/etc- it is just smooth with the anodized finish. It does not seem to have any strobe modes, just H/M/L with the choice of 2 levels each. There are no serial numbers/model numbers/etc that I can locate on the light that would assist with this- any CPF members with more knowledge of ZL have any tips to identify? I'm almost positive that this is a SC51w but would like to know for certain. Thank you!

Swede74

Enlightened
Greetings-
I have a 1xAA ZebraLight model that I acquired second hand. The original owner didn't have the manual or any other materials, and I am trying to identify which model it actually is. It is definitely a neutral white variety, and the battery tube/handle doesn't have any knurling/ridges/etc- it is just smooth with the anodized finish. It does not seem to have any strobe modes, just H/M/L with the choice of 2 levels each. There are no serial numbers/model numbers/etc that I can locate on the light that would assist with this- any CPF members with more knowledge of ZL have any tips to identify? I'm almost positive that this is a SC51w but would like to know for certain. Thank you!

The only other model I can think of that it could possibly be is the predecessor to SC51w - the SC50w. You can read about it in Selfbuilt's review
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...XP-E-Neutral)-1xAA-Reviews-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS
According to the specifications (taken from Zebralight) in his review, the SC50w has strobe whereas the SC51 does not. There are different iterations of the SC51 though - I have a later model (XP-G R5 emitter) that allows you to program H2 to strobe.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could well be an SC51w.

However, to be sure, it would be a good idea to post some pictures of the light. With pictures we should be able to identify what model it is.

mitymouse

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the help so far-

I've attached a few photos of the light... please let me know if there is another angle or detail that would be useful. Sorry, cell phone camera...

K1397767104512239_1.jpg

K1397767104512239_2.jpg

K1397767104512239_3.jpg

Swede74- thank you for the link to Selfbuilt's reviews. I had already come across those and have learned A LOT there- but if I didn't know about it already I'd be quite grateful that you pointed it out.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, your pictures didn't appear but they're in the post source.

Anyways, it's a Zebralight SC51. If the LED looks like this it's an SC51w. If it looks like this it's an SC51c. Hope that helps.

mitymouse

Newly Enlightened
Thanks calipsoii- mystery solved. Definitely the Cree LED, so SC51w. Thanks everyone for the help!!