Question about high cap 14500

larry502

Newly Enlightened
What's the highest cap 14500?

I bought 4 mislabeled 2300mah which are obvious a lot less my guess is less then 900mah.

Do they make anything bettwr then 1200mah? That's the largest legit cap I can find.

Thanks in advance!

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened
Sanyo UR14500P which is used in the KeepPower 840mAh. Note that they're long and won't fit in a lot of lights.
Second highest I believe is one made by DLG which is used in the Nitecore NL147 and KeepPower 800mAh.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, larry502! :wave:

Do they make anything bettwr then 1200mah? That's the largest legit cap I can find.
What make/type would that be? Best I know of are a little over 800 mAh. So that 'legit cap' would out-do that by almost 50% ? Read: "absolutely, unbelievably, spectacular and newsworthy". Or ehm... not legit. :poke:

larry502

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, larry502! :wave:

What make/type would that be? Best I know of are a little over 800 mAh. So that 'legit cap' would out-do that by almost 50% ? Read: "absolutely, unbelievably, spectacular and newsworthy". Or ehm... not legit. :poke:

Doing further research shows that they were also not correct. Best battery I have found so far is the tenergy tabbed battery I believe its listed @ 900mAh

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doing further research shows that they were also not correct. Best battery I have found so far is the tenergy tabbed battery I believe its listed @ 900mAh

Capacity isn't the determining factor in the quality of a cell, or battery.

Again, the Sanyo 840mAh UR14500P is at the top of the heap. You can buy them in naked, or protected form.

Chris

larry502

Newly Enlightened
Capacity isn't the determining factor in the quality of a cell, or battery.

Again, the Sanyo 840mAh UR14500P is at the top of the heap. You can buy them in naked, or protected form.

Chris

I'm going to pick up a few got any good sources?

Patt

Enlightened
Don't know where you live, but I bought 4 from Orbtronic a couple of years back and they're working out fine. They're nakeds, but they have protected ones as well.

http://www.orbtronic.com/14500-Li-ion-Batteries-and-Chargers-AA-size-3.7V-rechargeable

Chris

:twothumbsSame cells "Panasonic/Sanyo" as the Keeppowers...800mAh and 840mAh.. (the best) :twothumbs And they're

momentary the highest (non fake) 14500mAh batterie's as possible....
:D

The Ultrafire's 1200mAh are good but the capacity is "fake"...:rant:they only got about 550mAh..or so.. :banghead: :D

​Patt

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have some trust fire flames protected cells. They're marked as 900mah and they're about 750mah at a 1a discharge. Hold their voltage well too. I got 4 for 14 bucks last year