Latest Inova X1 85 lumen.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know when is it coming out? Suppose to be 85 lumen for 4-5 hrs. on high. Rated ANSI. Same price as the current 55 lumen dual output.

Last edited:

X5CR123A

Newly Enlightened
Had two X5's and a 24x7 for years, still going strong, so get my vote!

y260

Enlightened
I hope Inova makes a comeback. They had some great TIR optics back in the day, and I like the cerakote-like finish they still use.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know when is it coming out? Suppose to be 85 lumen for 4-5 hrs. on high. Rated ANSI. Same price as the current 55 lumen dual output.

It's not 85 lumens for 4-5 hours, it's 85 lumens maximum output with 4-5 hours of "useable" output. I can't remember when these are to be released, but I'll do my best to find out.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am hoping it's regulated 85 for 4 hrs. then drop to 10% on the 5th hr. lol

It could be 85 lumens for 3 minutes, drop down to 10 lumens for 3 hours and 57 minutes before it hits that 10% mark and have the exact same rating as if it were regulated as you describe.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Inova XS(1AAA) and X2(2AA) and they have almost flat regulation. There are reviews on the X2, XS, T3R and T4 at "led-resource.com".

Besides the XS(1AAA) the other three models were able to maintain very stable regulation (especially when using NIMH/lithium cells) giving near maximum output until the cells were nearly depleted. Inova lights do not have any step-down regulation for most of their lights. Even though the XS(1AAA) is not as stable as its bigger siblings it is able to maintain a pretty good regulation.

The build quality on my X2 (silver coloured) is flawless. Can't tell the difference of quality between its finish and a Surefire G2X Pro (320 lumens) that I have. The XS however had its rubber tail switch partially sticking out when I first got it. Its like someone tried using a needle to pry open the rubber switch. :thinking:

The X series also have a pretty smooth body making it somewhat slippery. The T series have better grip but only uses lithium/lithium-ions. But man the walls these lights have is really thick. The thickest I've ever seen. Makes it feel indestructible :p

The downside to Inova lights for flashaholics is that they are not the brightest nor the latest in technology. Inova focuses more on usability and durability at affordable prices.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite can do >100 lumens for ~8 hrs from 3xAAA ;)

12117917026_7ca591a119_z.jpg

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite can do >100 lumens for ~8 hrs from 3xAAA ;)

12117917026_7ca591a119_z.jpg

Saying >100 lumens for ~8 hours would be a downright lie. >100 lumens and a runtime of ~8 hours although misleading, is 100% correct according to ANSI standards. The trick is in the wording.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saying >100 lumens for ~8 hours would be a downright lie. >100 lumens and a runtime of ~8 hours although misleading, is 100% correct according to ANSI standards. The trick is in the wording.

Gotta be careful with the wording alright, but most people including me have a hard time spotting such subtle words when looking at products and their descriptions. I have learnt to be a bit more wary when reading them now but I still miss such subtle differences in meaning. :eek:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

My post is one of sarcasm, I have a particular distaste for manufacturers that overly exaggerate lumen and runtime claims, or game the ANSI rules, which are wide enough to drive a truck through. The lasted XL50 specs show 139 lumens / 6.5 hrs..... "ANSI."

ginaz

Enlightened
based on previous experiences with Inova lights, i'd anticipate pretty solid regulation.