Smallest 1xCR123A light?

sortafast

Enlightened
I am wanting to find the smallest and brightest single 123A light that I can. Bonus points for single mode only. I have a Torchlab Moddoolar with a P60 head in the works, but I want to see if I can find something a bit smaller but still has decent throw. One can never have too many lights.

cliwilnew

Newly Enlightened
The FourSevens Mini ML is a nicely small light. There is a XM-L2 version with higher output and a XP-G2 version that would have greater throw. They are a L-M-H rather than a single mode. I am not aware of a single mode light in that size range. Fenix has a similar light, the E15 that is a bit cheaper, small, and also a twisty with L-M-H.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smallest 1xcr123a light?

1.84" x .77" is pretty ridiculous for a cr123a, fourseven's atom al.

a bit smaller but still has decent throw

Kind of competing variables, but if your point of reference for size is a p60 (& budget moddoolar), and you want throw, look to one of surfire's single cells with TIR- eb1, e1dl etc. 7-10,000cd is pretty crazy for a 1.1" head 1xcr123a. I thought there was a single mode tactical version of the eb1 at least but i can't find it now so must not have been- you could always put a ke1a head on any 1 cell sf executive for that. But more expensive still.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Moddoolar seems to only run on IMRs - if that's a possibility, perhaps you'd be willing to trade some length for more lumens. You can Lego a Quark Tactical, QT2L-X w/Burst Mode head, with a 1xCR123 body, run an IMR 16340, and program it as a single mode light.

750 lumens (for the first minute) in a 3.2" x 0.86" package.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think a Peak Logan with the pocket body would be in the running. The pocket body without QTC is only .75 X 2.5 inches and would be single mode.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
Look at the Fenix PD12. I got one from Vihn that out throws my stock PD35 which is 850lm. He offers XML or XPG2. Also chose your tint. I like the single side switch and I modded mine to accept a belt clip.

It will run on primaries or IMR. It's got a lot more output on IMR and two modes with IMR. With primaries you get 4 modes.

Last edited: