Help me revive an abandoned Novatac

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, over 2 years ago I picked up a cheap brand new Novatac Classic, nice flashlight, had a couple 120e, p and t models although they were the original ones.

However this one refused to work after only a couple of minutes use. I've tried I think everything and gave up and threw it in my drawer. Found it today and remembered how annoyed I got wih it last time we met.

3 types of batteries, flipped body head to tail, cleaned all contacts with deoxit and tightened retaining rings inside head and tailcap. Only thing I get out of it is a blip of dim light for less than a second when I replace batteries as I'm screwing the tailcap on.

I'm seriously considering throwing this in the bin to be done with it. Any help?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a blip on battery change that's semi encouraging. Can you test the switch? Can you swap the tail cap/switch with one from another light? With the head off test that the switch works testing between the end of the spring and ground?

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have an old tailcap somewhere to try that way. How would I test the switch, would I need a multi meter?

I'll google the user manual, your isn't working.

Thanks for now guys will see if I can get it

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find the manual online, I think it's long gone.

I found a website and followed the factory reset procedure but the first step is turn the light on! I can't.

Any more help guys, I'm getting so p off with this I would rather see it sink to the bottom of the ocean

spc

Enlightened
Check the pos contact spring in the head, I've seen them loose and fold over when being tightened together, shorting them out.