TN35 or Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02

Guumuus

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new flashlight and narrowed my choices down to the Thrunite TN35 and the Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02 because of the MT-G2 LED (love the neutral white tint). I'm from the Netherlands and we do have some webshops that sell the TN35 but I can't find any Niwalker dealer. I'm leaning towards the Niwalker 'cause I like the more 'buff' looks of the Vostro.

I'm not so fond on buying on Ebay 'cause of the large amount of fake stuff out there, but it's really hard to find a Niwalker dealer in Europe. I know a german webshop who sells the particular flashlight but I think it's a bit on the expensive side (€172,- excluding shipping), I can get the TN35 for €135,- including shipping. Do any of you perhaps have experience with a different shop in Europe who sells the Vostro for less (preferably UK or Germany)? Ebay prices are around €140,-.

If btw you guys think the TN35 is the better choice in the end, that would save me the hastle :)

Thanks in advance! P.S. I checked the Niwalker website for dealers but it has a bug. Whichever country you select it doesn't show anything.

Guumuus

Newly Enlightened
I was contemplating the same choice, take a look at the K40M also. Cheaper than the other 2 and has a 0.9lum low. All 3 of these lights are available modded, with extra voom from Vinh here on CPF and he does ship international.

http://www.supbeam.com/en/supbeam-k40-v2-mt-g2#.U-PiIe69LCQ

I have seen the k40 before but it looks very similar to the tn35, almost as if they are made by the same company. Especially the magnetic ring. Which one did you get eventually?

I'll ask Vinh if he has the Vostro, but downside is shipment from US (i think?) with risk of added costs from customs

Dubois

Enlightened
Flashaholics in the UK stock the Vostro, and are a very good dealer. Reasonable price too. Wish I'd bought my FA-02 from them, instead of risking Customs fees. The tint is beautiful.

I always have a wry smile when I read about sub lumen output on 4x18650 lights. :)

Guumuus

Newly Enlightened
Apart from what i said before, the K40Mvn does appeal to me. However Vinh recommends using high drain unprotected cells.

I've never used unprotected cells before and i start reading about it through google etc. but I do have some questions left. Many people, even on this forum, do not recommend using unprotected cells in series, is the setup in the K40Mvn in series? (I don't have alot of knowledge about electricity and sorts). If so is it something I should be carefull with and in what way?

I use an Xtar XP4 charger which doesn't have a voltage indicator, but it does have protection against overcharging. Does this mean that whenever i use unprotected cells, i can charge them unattended because the charger itself will stop charging at 4.2V?

I'm not the kind of guy who has problems with using products in a certain way to avoid defects but I would mind if I'm worried about accidents whenever I use something basic like a flashlight.

I wouldn't mind spend some extra cash for a Vinh modded flashlight but I want to be able to use the full capacity of the modded light without a shitload of hastle, I think that's what I'm trying to say. I'm curious how owners of a Vn light use the lights if they are multiple 18650 setup and need high drain cells to use turbo modes in terms of battery type and charging.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there,not had any issue regarding customs with vinh here in UK. Cells wise i use IMR 18650 in higher demand lights , tn35vn(pany protected would not fit in my carrier and IMR are shorter missing the PCB) also mm15vn have vtc5 in,have pany protected in my tk75vn and sanyo protected in the tk61vn.

No issues at all,could get a cheap multi meter for checking cells.:)

Guumuus

Newly Enlightened
I've read alot last days about batteries and sorts. Got myself a multimeter and some VTC5's. Now a K40Mvn light to put them in :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

ven

Flashaholic
I've read alot last days about batteries and sorts. Got myself a multimeter and some VTC5's. Now a K40Mvn light to put them in :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Well it certainly pays off to read up,excellent choice of cells and light:twothumbs