Nitecore SRT 7 Issue

rcbobsignin

Newly Enlightened
Just received a package deal of:
Nitecore SRT 7 and a Nitecore 3400 18650

After fully charging the battery I cannot get the SRT7 to turn on at all...nothing.

Any Suggestion on what I need o check?

Bob

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: daft as it sounds,does the cell actually work in the light(it has been known some same brand cells/lights dont work)

What charger have you used,have you checked the V (should be around 4.2v fully charged).

Usual checks,threads clean,no swarf etc on them.

Is it fully tightened,near head too?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to what ven said, did you both click the tail switch, and then move the control ring? The control ring has a detent for standby, so even if everything is working correctly, and you have the tail switch on, you still might not get anything until you move the ring out of that position.

Zwager

Newly Enlightened
If it's new, was the batteryhouse empty before you placed the battery in?

y260

Enlightened
If it's new, was the batteryhouse empty before you placed the battery in?
+1 check to make sure the battery tube is clear. I had a guy forget to take out the silica gel once and he squished the battery in with the packet.

cullen.salisbury

Newly Enlightened
Hey I Owen 3 srt7 there is a washer in the tail cap and when I bought one of them they forgot to put it in there it worked though if I took the lanyard ring that was included so I took it back switched the cap for another one it worked I said that's wired so I opened one of the others and my faulty tail cap and there was the problem one had a washer and the one that did not work did not so if you take the ring that is included and take it of screw it back together and it turns on then that is more likely the problem check it out takes 30 seconds good luck buddy this was from expiereance

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SRT7, but cannot find it right now. I think mine needs a button on the + end of the battery. I don't think flat cells work in it. I could be wrong.... Try a button-18650 battery....