Candian 4sevens website question

Treeguy

Enlightened
The site http://4sevens.ca/ seems to be an official 4sevens site but the newer lights they offer in the US are not listed, just older models.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Thanks.

(And apparently I can`t spell "Canadian" properly. Good Lord...)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The site http://4sevens.ca/ seems to be an official 4sevens site but the newer lights they offer in the US are not listed, just older models.

Anyone know what the deal is?

It looks kind of shady, or at least very outdated.

Why not just order from the real 4sevens site in the US? The stuff I've ordered from there always ships free, and gets through customs without paying HST or brokerage fees. (I might have just been lucky, though.) The only thing you have to put up with is the rip-off exchange rates that credit cards charge.

rpm00

Enlightened
I've ordered through the us site and it's been fast and with no taxes. And of course they have the latest products and sometimes some pretty good sales. No reason to order from the Canadian site.

Treeguy

Enlightened
I don`t mind ordering from the US, but the brokerage fees can be a crapshoot. One day nothing, the next day $30, depends who handles it.

I`ll inquire at the US site and see what da dillio is.

Thanks. :cool:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t mind ordering from the US, but the brokerage fees can be a crapshoot. One day nothing, the next day $30, depends who handles it.

I`ll inquire at the US site and see what da dillio is.

Thanks. :cool:

The US site ships via USPS, which comes in to Canada via Canada Post. So, even if you do get dinged with brokerage fees, they're much more reasonable than UPS or Fedex. And in my experience, Canada Post usually doesn't bother charging fees and taxes, unless it's an expensive item like a computer or camera.

Treeguy

Enlightened
The US site ships via USPS, which comes in to Canada via Canada Post. So, even if you do get dinged with brokerage fees, they're much more reasonable than UPS or Fedex. And in my experience, Canada Post usually doesn't bother charging fees and taxes, unless it's an expensive item like a computer or camera.

I didn`t know that. Thanks. :)

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never been charged any fees in all these years ordering from 4/7, even when David had the Fenix-store, and I'm three hours south from you...

Little tip: it seems like there is no brokerage fees when the address is a business (free trade ?), can't you use your job address ?