Is something wrong with my SC600 II L2?

witness

Newly Enlightened
I just got my SC600 II L2 and I'm a little disappointed when I compare it to my original SC 600. When I switch from 500 to 750 lumens on my older SC600 the difference is obvious. When I compare 750 lumens (on the SC600) to 1100 lumens (on the new SC600 II L2) there is virtually no discernible difference. Not only does the older one seem almost the same but it throws a wider beam. This also makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my unit because while they are both supposed to have the exact same beam pattern (80 degrees with a 10 degree hot spot) the new model seems to have a significantly smaller hot spot (more like about 8 degrees if I was to guess). Any thoughts about this? I've been told that small 10-20% changes in lumen output is hard to detect but going from 750 to 1100 is an almost 50% increase and should be VERY obvious (not something one has to strain to discern). :(

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
is your battery trustfire or ultrafire?

i would not trust ultrafire

fnsooner

Enlightened
The best way to compare lumen output is to find a smallish dark room and do a ceiling bounce test. Sad but true.

Then exchange the batteries and perform another ceiling bounce test.

soky

Newly Enlightened
Zebra LIght SC600 MKII L2 COOL WHITE

I just received a brand new Zebra LIght SC600 MKII L2 COOL WHITE 1100 lumens. I compared it to my Hexbrite 500 lumens flashlight. The sc600 is only slightly brighter than the Hexbrite. I am very concerned. Should I return it? The battery I am using is a Panasonic ncr18650b 3400mAh. The Zebralight appears to only be around 600 lumens at best on the highest setting.

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Sincerely,

soky

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebra LIght SC600 MKII L2 COOL WHITE

The human eye senses brightness logarithmically. As a result, 1000 lumens isn't going to seem ALOT brighter than 500 lumens.

fnsooner

Enlightened

One more thing to add. Go through the programming. Maybe H1 was programmed, some how some where, to something other than maximum.

Last edited:

witness

Newly Enlightened

One more thing to add. Go through the programming. Maybe H1 was programmed, some how some where, to something other than maximum.
I know how to change the sub level (H2) but how do you change H1? I suspect H1 is properly programmed because I have H2 set to 670 lumens and H1 is brighter.

Last edited:

witness

Newly Enlightened

I also noticed that, while the hot spot of version II smaller than version I (when they are supposed to be the same), the over beam pattern of version II seems more floody.

fnsooner

Enlightened

I know how to change the sub level (H2) but how do you change H1? I suspect H1 is properly programmed because I have H2 set to 670 lumens and H1 is brighter.

Oops, you are right.I don't think you can change H1. I haven't messed with programming in a few years. I just leave them stock. Sorry.

witness

Newly Enlightened

I guess all I can say is that, if you are considering upgrading from SC600 and are expecting a significant step up with the SC600 MKII L2, you might want to rethink. I got a more noticeable upgrade when I went from my 210 lumen 4Sevens Mini X 123 to the next generation 250 lumen version. The ability to perceive increases in brightness may not be linear but it still seems fundamentally wrong that I can see easily see the difference between 210 and 250 lumen versions of the MiniX4 or the 500 and 750 lumen settings of the original SC600 but... have to strain to see any difference in jumping from 750 to the (so called) 1100 lumen Mk II. Sort of pathetic if you ask me.