• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD and withdrawn (XML2,xpg2 sold, nichia left)

bushwhacked

Newly Enlightened
Hello I have 3 dropins that I'm currently working on. They are going to be xml2 t6 4c (4200-4500k), nichia 219b (4200-4700k, 85-92 cri) and either a Xpe2 r4 1c (6100-6500k) or xpg2 r5 1a (6500-7000k)

The nichia and xml2 will both have orange peel reflectors while the xp emitter will be sporting a smooth reflector. I believe this covers a wide area of lighting needs for the p60 single emitter format. Throw, flood, color rendition.

So far I've only decided on the amperage for each module.

1.9 for the nichia with possible moon (1.5lumen), high (400~l), med (50~l) and a beacon at 8ms long 1.5 second interval on high with no memory.

The xml2 will be at 4.18 amps and be either high (1400~l) med (700~l) low (140~l) or a turbo with a 30 second stepdown to high, always start high with no memory.

The xpg2 or Xpe2 will be 2.8amp (xpg) or 1.52amp Xpe2, high (750~l, 400~l) low (75~l, 40~l) with no memory.

I haven't finished the work on these yet but here area few pictures of my progress.

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

I sand each reflector smooth, to help transfer heat better, and then fill the groove (it's what I like to do). In the picture above I've used Arctic alumina adhesive and copper powder 1:1 this was my first time trying this and I believe it will help thermally if not aesthetically. The other two will have brass and copper rings in the groove.

I've added copper (98%) behind the led shelf. These slugs are soldered into place and provide heatsinking for the led the driver and whatever remaining air will be filled with potting. I use this type because every pill is different and I hand sand these to be press fit before soldering. The front led shelf is sanded flat and smooth and the xml will be soldered direct to the pill for added heatsinking. A spring with a copper cap can be seen in the back of the three pills.

All components of the drivers have had solder added, I use silver solder, to strengthen the bond and reduce any factory caused resistance. Any and all flux is cleaned, rosin is good but the potting is better. There's probably more I'm forgetting, I do my best.

Because I am not finished there's a chance I can customize the modes (number of modes, order, beacon. Made possible by JohnnyC and ToyKeeper) and possibly change emitters to different tints.
(xml2 U2 1A, xpg2 s2 2b, xpg2 r4 5a2 available)

All lumen estimates are emitter lumens. I will include 3 new 28x2mm double ar coated lenses if requested.

These will fit bored (18650) surefire lights. Solarforce and most any 18650 p60 host.

These run best on a single lithium ion battery and voltage is 2.8-6. I don't recommend using two cr123 batteries for long runtime (short bursts in any mode, 2-5min in med or high). This can hurt the driver or cause your batteries to overheat.

I'm asking 95$usd shipped anywhere, tracking number 10$ extra (6-10 day delivery with or without tracking). These are shipped via small packet air. Paypal when the dropins are finished.if I decide to part these and you would like one please post which one you would like, first come first serve. It will be 32$usd shipped to conus/Canada/europe

The first "I'll take them" here or in PM gets these. We can work out any further details in pm.

I can provide pictures of finished dropins I've made previously via pm if you'd like.

Any questions please ask here or in pm.

I apologize for my long winded grammatical error stricken post.
Thanks for looking.

ALL SOLD OR WITHDRAWN. Thank you
Bushwhacked/Jeremy

Last edited: