Hello and Funny Story

RH

Enlightened
I've been lurking around this forum for about 2 months now and figured it was time to finally post. The other day, I was helping one of my coworkers carry some boxes out of the office and to her car. As we squeezed into the elevator, I hit her on the hand with one of the boxes. We didn't think anything of it at the time and proceeded to the parking garage and loaded her car.

I returned to the office and in about 10 minutes received a frantic call that her diamond was missing! On the way home she looked at her finger and her ring was there but the diamond and setting were gone. Just to convey the gravity of the situation, her ring is about 2.0 carats set in platinum.

She returned to the office and we retraced our steps from the elevator to the car. A security guard saw us and came to help. From his belt he pulled a StreamLight Stinger flashlight and gave it to me to continue the search. Having just been exposed to this "hobby" I was eager to play with the light (I didn't let my friend know this!).

To bring this long story to a close, we searched the whole place with the Stinger and finally found the diamond still stuck in the side of the cardboard box. After the relief set in, I returned the light and had a nice little conversation about his StreamLight.

Thanks for the great forum!

Robert

B@rt

Flashaholic
welcome.gif

Nice story, glad you found it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now you see why a good light is an important EDC... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome RH, good first post especially when a flashlight saves the day ( or night).

I hope you don't mind me including another funny story from last night. My mother lives 200 feet from the river, which runs through a residential area. Many snowmobilers, ATVers, and bikers enjoy speeding up and down the wide, frozen, river. They stage at a city boat launch area near her apartment and make lots of noise taking off.

Last night I tested the new, 2mcp, lantern I got for Christmas. Many snowmobiles were racing up the river so I tested the throw of my new toy, lighting up a 50' spot on the river and the back of a snowmobile. Instantly, the snowmobile backfired and sputtered to a stop. After getting the engine started again, the driver limped back to the launch area. Did the powerful beam disrupt the ignition system????? What a coincidence! After that the river was quiet for the rest of the night - no more snowmobiles! Apparently two police squad cars had paid a visit several minutes earlier and told them to cool the noise. They must have thought the police were checking on them when I lit up the river from bank to bank where in narrows to 50'.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash: turning of the ignition of a carburetted engine suddenly usually causes the engine to backfire...which is probably what the driver did when your spotlight lit him up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
...Instantly, the snowmobile backfired and sputtered to a stop. After getting the engine started again, the driver limped back to the launch area. Did the powerful beam disrupt the ignition system????? What a coincidence!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn those photon torpedoes... messes up the compression on a gas engine every time! You naughty boy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif