Nitecore HC90 On The Back Of Baseball Cap

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Nitecore HC90vn recently. The Nitecore 18650 3.7V 3400mAh i-ion battery NL189 just arrived today. So, that meant I wanted to test the headlamp earlier this evening. The first concern was when I went to put it on my head. I typically wear a baseball cap when I am outside. The Nitecore headband seemed to be very slippery and not very secure when worn over my baseball cap. And, because I was planning on going on a nice twilight horseback ride, that left me with a quandary. Do I wear the jockstrap on my head, over my cap, and hope for the best, or do I try something else? So, I decided to remove the Nitecore HC90 from the headband and loop it through the adjustable tab of my baseball cap.

Then, I saddled up my horse and off I went into the county horse trails. It wasn't quite dark yet when I entered the park. That meant that I wore my baseball cap normally, with the bill facing forward and my Streamlight Clipmate USB on the front. In about a half an hour, darkness set in and it was time to turn my cap around and switch on the Nitecore HC90. I must say that I was pretty impressed. It lit up the horse trail like never before for me at night. I was still a bit apprehensive about wearing it, as I did, with my baseball cap on backwards and attached to the adjustable cap tab. I made a telephone call on my smartphone and gave the headlamp the "beta test".

As it turns out, this worked out very well for me horseback riding on the trails. While I may, at some point, get an equestrian helmet, and attach the HC90 to it, in the meantime, attached to the ballcap worn backwards, seems to be MUCH more secure for me while in the saddle.

Has anybody else here worn their headlamp in this manner? If so, to you prefer it this way vs. the jockstrap on the head?